Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

First im new! Im glad to be here, hope yall can help me out!

I seen a 1gen 05' Tundra with 26 inch rims with 305/30/26 tires and the guy said it didnt rub much. But I talk to my tire guy and he said you would have to downsize the tire to a 295/30/26 but that only 10mm in size i believe. So does anyone know if you can TRUELY RUN 26's with 305/30/26 with minimum rubbing on 2006 tundra?

I know some people on the board hate big rims, I love them and the 1gen i seen with 26 looked awesome!! ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THEY WILL FIT AND WORK!!

Thanks alot!!!:amen:

·
Registered
233 Posts
hey dude yea not many like big rims on here your right but i had a phase when looking for rims and i wanted to go big also but i didnt wasnt worth it bad roads and such plus insufficient funds , but for your type of look , you would have to level it 3'' or so to fit the 305/30 since they are a 33'' tire and also get a back spacing of 5'' or back spacing to fit the 305's and if you still encounter rubbing throw on a spacer a 1'' to a 1.5'' spacer . . . stick with the 305's dont go any lower !!

or if you have the loot, i say u go out throw on a 6'' lift with a 3'' body and run 24's on 37's/38's !!! haha

either way good luck , post pics when u get them, also b safe after you do it up as your brake will go to **** and u'll have major brake fade !!

·
Registered
233 Posts
So for sure have to mod it... no way around it? Because the guy didnt have anything from what I could see
yea the front wont fit 33'' tires with out a lift ,so u can go with ready-lift or toy-tec kits and if you hav a 4x4 make sure you do a 1'' diff drop along with the 3'' or 2.5'' . do a search here on lifts for your DC . . this forums are great for that stuff u can learn alot about our trucks
it'll look good lifted a little bit with the big rims !!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
The guy probably didn't have any mods to it because he usually only drove over flat surfaces, and was careful when turning in to ramped parking lots and whatnot.

I would not lift it at all, with 26" rims. Consider this instead...trim the pinch weld, and as much of the front bumper as you need to tuck the tires inside in a turn. It'll look sick, I think. Pick up a 2" lowering shackle while you're at it, should make it look really good.

We don't all hate lowered trucks ;).

You'll need to change the pinch weld where it sits behind the plastic in the wheel well. If you're not sure, take it to a shop that specializes in custom lowering jobs, or a 4WD shop that has done a tub job to fit larger tires...either place will know what to do.

-Sean

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
I think it'll look like a Matchbox truck... just like this one does:

If you really want to pimp your truck, you need to get one of these:

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing my UPS guy roll up in one of these:

Just know that you CAN go too far:

·
Registered
233 Posts
i like that black caddy . . . . .just for shits and giggles i say throw on a 6'' rcd with a 3'' body and run 30's haha or betta yet

do this and have a custom frame made and tuck 24's or possibly 26's

or say screw the 26's and just go to tank tracks !!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
that caddy looks stupid. just like a little tundra on 26s would. please dont do it. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
To each his or her own. I LOVE a well put together large wheel package. Fills in the truck without having the monster truck look. I'd go with either a 22" or 24" MAX. 26" will require the use of some insanely thin tires ( 30 series or LESS! ). This is a no-go for a heavy truck. Lord forbid you hit a small pot hole.. your tire won't have enough "meat" to support the hit and you will end up with bent wheels, shot suspension and missed aligned alignments. Also, these wheels will weigh ALOT more, not helping the whole pot hole issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts