Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
If i have the bilsteins set at 2.5" will 285/70/17's rub?
If you are talking about stock rims then yes, they will rub on the UCA. I solved that problem on mine by adding 1.5" wheel adapters (spacers) to move the rims out farther and create "artificial backspacing."

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
No not stock, i have some older asa rims with 4.875" of backspacing. Ill probably rub pretty tough on the ucas...
Then you may need the spacers.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I put a set of Camburg Adjustible coilovers on my 2006 Double Cab Tundra SR5. Set them to level with the back of the truck (nearly 3"). Put a set of P285/65/17's Michelin LTX M/S2's on it and they rubbed about 3/4 to full steering lock. I got a set of 1.5" spacer (HUB centric). Look for links on here, you can find them for a good price. Mine are bright blue, but I have had them for over 3,000 miles without any problems. They come with loctite and all the necessary hardware. I did the spacers and new tires all at the same time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Spidertrax Wheels Spacers, 2 sets of 2 for 200. I have the same tire size and it rubs my uca's, but no bumper rubbing. It's really tough running Bilstein 5100s on 2.5 though. I'd highly recommend you go with a spacer lift kit for the same price. More lift, better clearance, and way easier to install. Toyota struts.. not fun to take out and replace. the spacer lift bolts onto the strut mount and is 500x easier. plus you get leaf for the back so it will be level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts