Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've see the pics and I've read the post. I would like someone with first hand knowledge to let me know if they will clear and not rub.

I've had daystar and toytech in the past and know the difference. I would like to know which lift someone has installed and which size. 2.5 vs 3" like the toytech.

I have a 2007 Dcab 4wd TRD with 18"s and I want to make the right lift and tire size selection. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
TS
579 Posts
I am in the same boat. If anyone is running the 35s, please post a width too. How does it affect your turning radius?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hellooooooo. bump

·
Registered
324 Posts
noontime bump.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wednesday bump.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I am bumping this up again.

Anyone running 35's yet, if so what kind, do/did they rub, how did you fix the rub, running stock rims?

Anyone?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am bumping this up again.

Anyone running 35's yet, if so what kind, do/did they rub, how did you fix the rub, running stock rims?

Anyone?
Fellas,
Sorry for no pics yet. Just to clarify I had the revtek 2 1/2" leveler and the Toyo A/T's in 285/75/18 put on. Initially I thought there was no rub. But, at full lock they were hitting the skid plate just enough to hear/feel. I bent up the edge, which you can't even see, and no worries now. These are smooth, quiet and will have good traction. They are not as mean looking as an M/T but I believe this is the best tire made for our trucks right now. I will post pics this weekend at some point. The truck looks a lot better leveled and with the bigger tires. I hope this helps. Oh yeah, the tires are like $300/piece, leveler $250 installed and alignment $45.

Rick

·
TS
579 Posts
Wow, I would love to see it when you post the pictures.... hint hint....

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Rick,

Pictures sure would be nice, or better yet, I could meet you somewhere and take a look for myself. Put our trucks side by side and see the before and after?:D :tu:

·
Registered
36 Posts
it is very simple....i have posted pics and told of rubbing and how to get rid of it with the 35's. if it is not good enough, go to your local tire/wheel dealer and have them put on. if you like...you buy/if you don't like.....don't buy. :tu: i run 35's....i like them, do they rub...yeah a little on the UCA at full cock, so i don't turn that sharp. go put them on and see, the dealer should do this for free to see if you like them.

I have also been offroad and did not have any problems. take this for what it is worth....this guy likes them and would do it again.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
it is very simple....i have posted pics and told of rubbing and how to get rid of it with the 35's.
I understand what you posted, remember?

But, you have aftermarket rims, what is the offset? I want to know if I can stuff 35x12.5x18 with my TRDs. The wheel width is pushing it, but my fear is I would be all over the suspension.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Re: Will 35's really fit? No.

I understand what you posted, remember?

But, you have aftermarket rims, what is the offset? I want to know if I can stuff 35x12.5x18 with my TRDs. The wheel width is pushing it, but my fear is I would be all over the suspension.
I tried 35's on stock TRD 18" wheels and they hit the suspension. With offset wheels they would work.
I have 305/65-18 on the stock TRD 18" wheels and they are almost a perfect fit. At full lock they rub the front center airdam underneath. The fix is about 1/4" bend with channel locks.
I have the Revtek 2.5" kit in front.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Does anyone know if 305-50-20 will fit on stock or carved rims with no lift and not rub?:eek:
I dont know from experiance but they should fit. there just wider when the reason for most of the rubbing on these trucks is the UCA. the lift does not move this UAC so there for as long as you dont go higher then the stock diameter and just a little wider you should be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts