Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had the time to check this yet but I was wondering if someone has already tried this. Not sure if this is a similar setup for the Tundra's, but for the '01 Sequoia's, the spare tire was underneath the trunk floor and was attached via a cable and bracket that secured the tire in that location. I wanted to know if I can fit the Enkei Deep Six wheel with a 275/55/20 (31.9" diameter) Goodyear Fortera TripleTred tire. I believe the stock tire was 265/70/16 (30.6"). I don't see why not, but I could be wrong. I wonder if the center bracket that goes through the center hole to hoist up the wheel would fit through the Enkei's.

Any thoughts? I'll probably give it a try this weekend.

Also, does anyone know of a good tire cover that would fit a 32" tire? That way if it does fit, I can protect the spare from dirt, dust, rain, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
You should be fine. The setup is the same for the Seq as Tundra. The size of the tire, whether 31-33" is not a problem as it fits against the cross member, and there is no "box" or brackets to locate it, meaning open space there. The wheel should be fine, though it would be mounted good or lug side up. The bracket would be on the inside of the wheel when all installed.

Have not seen covers for underneath, but, there is probably something out there.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i actually just finished placing the new spare underneath there and then saw your post. i have uploaded 2 pics and i wanted to know if i should be concerned seeing how the tire is fairly close to the exhaust pipe (i have the borla catback dual side exhaust system where 1 of the side exhaust pipe wraps around the spare), i mean its not touching or anything which is good, but its still close enough. is this safe or should i take out the spare? and i ended up doing what you said, mounting the wheel with the lug side up so the bracket is touching the inside of the wheel. also i bought a tire cover from pepboys that would fit my tire (the box claims it will fit up to 32.5"), it doesn't cover the entire tire front & back, just only 1 side and it wraps around to the other edge of the tire, no further than that. my concern with that is the tire cover is made out of vinyl and well seeing how the tire already sits close to the exhaust pipe, i don't know what effect it may have on the fabric of the cover if i were to place it on, what do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Yes, that setup is a little close with your exhaust, but, I think the tire will be fine.

Not sure on that cover though. How thick is that vinyl? Does it seem heavy duty?
How does the cover install, like a slip on with string tie. I have not seem those covers, so, maybe some basic Q's here.

The only other thing that could come into play, is how firm your ex pipes are. Do they have a lot of side by side movement, or they seem locked down good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts