Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy of mine just picked up a 2018 CrewMax TRD 4x4. He had the dealer remove the stock rear shocks and front hocks/springs and put some upgraded (lifted) parts on there. He's offering the stock parts to me for a good price. Shocks are pictured.

I have a 2016 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 that I'd be putting these on. I would love to do this upgrade in order to stiffen up the suspension a bit.

Any reason these wouldn't fit?

Insight is greatly appreciated! Edited to say thanks for putting up with such a newb question.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
They will fit no problems, are you going to switch them out yourself? Unless he is giving them to you for free, the labor costs (at a shop) involved would not make it an economically wise choice. Might as well get new Bilstein 5100. $400-450 for a set of 4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would install the rear myself.

As for the front, I have a 2" Pro Comp lift that I was going to have a mechanic install. Apparently, the front shock has to pretty much be removed at that point anyway, so I thought I'd have the shocks put in at that time.

We were talking $200 for the set of four. They have about 34 miles on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would reccomend AGAINST any sort of spacer lift if you plan to offroad at all. Lots of threads on broken shocks because of spacer lifts. If you can't return the Pro Comps or just want the look and don't care about ride quality go with the trd offroad and spacer lifts. From your description your costs are almost the same as bilstein 5100 which will give a better ride and lifts the truck correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts