Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2007 Tundra CrewMax Limited 4X4 at my dealer Feb 27th. The order was not accepted by Toyota and my next shot is March 15th according to my salesperson. The dealership told me that they were not allocated any CrewMax trucks because they had too many unsold Double Cabs sitting on their lot. Until they sold some more Double Cabs, they would not be allocated any further CrewMax pickup orders. The salesman told me everyone wants to order the CrewMax and if I knew anyone that wanted a Double Cab it might help me get my truck faster. It is a Catch 22. Everyone wants the Crew Max but we can't get any until we sell the Double Cabs that are stuck on the lot. HELP!!!!! Is anyone experiencing a similar situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
Sounds like mostly dealer BS, if they stopped production of everything except CrewMax's it would still be a while before all the orders are filled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I ordered a 2007 Tundra CrewMax Limited 4X4 at my dealer Feb 27th. The order was not accepted by Toyota and my next shot is March 15th according to my salesperson. The dealership told me that they were not allocated any CrewMax trucks because they had too many unsold Double Cabs sitting on their lot. Until they sold some more Double Cabs, they would not be allocated any further CrewMax pickup orders. The salesman told me everyone wants to order the CrewMax and if I knew anyone that wanted a Double Cab it might help me get my truck faster. It is a Catch 22. Everyone wants the Crew Max but we can't get any until we sell the Double Cabs that are stuck on the lot. HELP!!!!! Is anyone experiencing a similar situation.
My local dealer will have a limited crewmax in about two weeks.. Limited, I think every option.. I think he said almost $50k!!

Dascrow
TundraTalk.net
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
I ordered a 2007 Tundra CrewMax Limited 4X4 at my dealer Feb 27th. The order was not accepted by Toyota and my next shot is March 15th according to my salesperson. The dealership told me that they were not allocated any CrewMax trucks because they had too many unsold Double Cabs sitting on their lot. Until they sold some more Double Cabs, they would not be allocated any further CrewMax pickup orders. The salesman told me everyone wants to order the CrewMax and if I knew anyone that wanted a Double Cab it might help me get my truck faster. It is a Catch 22. Everyone wants the Crew Max but we can't get any until we sell the Double Cabs that are stuck on the lot. HELP!!!!! Is anyone experiencing a similar situation.
Your salesman is trying to get you interested in a DC. He's taking a shot that you just might give up on waiting for the CrewMax and settle for the DC. After all, he's in the sales business and he cannot sell you something he does not have. A sales guy would rather sell you something today than wait until tomorrow because he knows a lot can happen before he gets to make the sale.

Everything is running on a production schedule, and it doesn't matter how many DCs are sitting on his lot. This is why I will not order a vehicle. You get too many hassles, delays, sob stories, and meanwhile you are sitting there waiting for a truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am paying $1000.00 over invoice for my Tundra Limited 4x4 CrewMax which I think is fair for a new vehicle. Is anyone else out there having a problem getting dealer allocation for their CrewMax? How long did it take you to get a build date?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Wow I hope you haven't put any money down because you are getting screwed. Go to another dealer. Or look at the deals sticky at the top of the Tundra forum. You are closer to them than I am so it might not cost that much to have one shipped to you from CA especially if you are willing to pay over invoice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
The situation, as explained by my Toyota dealer, is that Toyota's first priority on the CrewMax is to get enough into the inventory and pipeline. They don't just start loading haulers up as soon as they roll out the factory doors. I'm told they've been in full CrewMax production for a while to get the numbers up for a first ship. I'm assuming there are several thousand sitting in holding lots right now. In another week or two, they'll start shipping them to dealers everywhere.

Keep in mind they have to do this while maintaining their Reg. and DC truck production. Once they get the CrewMax on all of their dealer lots and take care of the initial "walk-up" demand, things will settle down considerably. Ordering one is fine, but it's probably not the best time to order one when you have an all-new production vehicle. That just prolongs the wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,580 Posts
The next step is that your sales person is really going to go out of his/her way to get your truck for you through some magical alternate method but it won't be at such a significant discount off of MSRP.

Of course, the fact that they didn't sell any enough DCs is their problem, not yours. Basically, your are being given a BS excuse for them cancelling your order in favor of a more profitable order. I'll be there is some other customer that ordered at closer to MSRP so they got your slot.

Why don't you tell him that you are getting some financial help from a family member are now willing to pay MSRP. Then see if you get your order in. Afterwards, you can explain that your folks found out that you are spending too much money on a truck and you can't buy it unless they go back to the original price.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top