Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2008's get the new 5.7 with 6 speed auto ????

Also is the 08 Sequoia set for press release this week in New York, like the LX570?

·
Registered
503 Posts
There have been a few posts on this. Though it is not official, you can certainly expect the Sequoia to get the 5.7 liter and 6 spd from the Tundra as the optional top line engine. The 4.7/5spd auto liter will probably remain the base engine, and the Land Cruiser will probably gain the 5.7 liter as the standard engine, if they keep two full size SUVs anyways.

Seeing how GM and now Ford have extended wheel base models on their SUVs, maybe the Sequoia will get one too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you think the 08 will be a new design or just offer the new powertrain for now?
I think you can bet the 2008 Sequoia is a new design based on the Tundra truck.
It's simple mfc. economics, when the new platform is established for the truck, then the SUV is built upon that platform[hence the 2000 Tundra and 2001 Sequoia].

·
Premium Member
695 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be replacing my Hemi powered Commander this fall. I drove diesel Excursions for the 6 years prior to my Jeep Commander, and when I was sick of driving the big beast I stepped down maybe a little bit to much in size, I think the new LX570, Land cruiser, or Sequoia will be just about right, I got a chance to drive a Diesel GL last weekend and have now scratched it off my list of canidates for this falls replacement. I like my Jeep better than the GL Benz . I think the Sequoia will be my best bet. Toyota just better not put that cheeeeeeezeeee silver paited trim inside it like they did the trucks. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
My feeling:

.... is that there will be a short/small production of 2008 Sequoias identical to the present ones, followed by a fully redesigned 2009 Sequoia arriving in March or April of 2008. Just a feeling though....Hope I didn't jinx any hopes !!! :)

Cheers !

·
Registered
31 Posts
My feeling:

.... is that there will be a short/small production of 2008 Sequoias identical to the present ones, followed by a fully redesigned 2009 Sequoia arriving in March or April of 2008. Just a feeling though....Hope I didn't jinx any hopes !!! :)

Cheers !
Given the fact that the 07 Tundra was introduced SO LATE, your idea is not too far fetched. Toyota had to send many Japanese production line inspectors/engineers to the San Antonio plant to avoid a Nissan Titan like fiasco, thereby delaying the Tundra intro.

I do feel that given the minor "1st yr" glitches of the 07 Turdra ie. Piston Slap, Tailgate rattle, Excessive box movement, The new Sequoia should be on time and relatively problem free (since Toyota is working on the issues).

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
My feeling:

Cheers !
I HOPE YOUR WRONG!!!! :cry: Johnnnnny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they are going to make a carry over for 08'. I wish they would at least put the 5.7 and 6 spped in it. I don't mind the looks of the current sequoia, I just want that new powertrain under the hood. I even like the current size of the sequia. That new motor has the power and the new 6 speed helps put it to work, with decent fuel mileage.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
If they are going to make a carry over for 08'. I wish they would at least put the 5.7 and 6 spped in it. I don't mind the looks of the current sequoia, I just want that new powertrain under the hood. I even like the current size of the sequia. That new motor has the power and the new 6 speed helps put it to work, with decent fuel mileage.
I agree and was thinking the same thing......I would settle for that too!!! Johnnnny

·
Registered
122 Posts
I drove the 08 Acura MDX and I am afraid my 02 Sequoia is going to be replaced by it... It was just flat fun! (also drove the Porsche, too, but need reliability).
I just can't wait for the Sequoia re-design.. 160,000 wonderfully trouble free miles on the Sequoia but just can't buy another one of the same ol same ol..
George Morrison
Columbus, Ohio

·
Registered
50 Posts
Couldn't agree more: put the new engine in the 2008 present gen. Sequoia, and call it a day. That would be incredible !! However, I don't picture that ever happening. Logistically, it would be utter mayhem to do so. It would create a lot of headaches and require resources for a short production period. Not worth it. Sadly....very sadly. Because I think the match is perfect. I also like the present Sequoia....a lot !

Drove the 2008 MDX the other day. Very smooth and very crisp. Tech wise, it's a gem. Nice materials and a splendid match of torque and HP. Design is also very sweet, as is the interior. However, it's much smaller than the Sequoia...obviously. Different category all together.

Come on Toyota !! Give us the new Sequoia already !!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
However, it's much smaller than the Sequoia...obviously. Different category all together.
Thats what I thought too, the MDX and Pilots are much smaller, the Sequoia is a full size SUV. Be it one of the smaller full size models, but I would say it is still in the full size class, where the MDX/Pilots are mid size SUVs.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I drove the 08 Acura MDX and I am afraid my 02 Sequoia is going to be replaced by it... It was just flat fun! (also drove the Porsche, too, but need reliability).
I just can't wait for the Sequoia re-design.. 160,000 wonderfully trouble free miles on the Sequoia but just can't buy another one of the same ol same ol..
George Morrison
Columbus, Ohio
LOL!!! A 2002 Sequoia??? I will run circles around your 02 with my 2005 Sequoia!!! You don't now what fun is until you have driven a 2005 Sequoia with the VVTI motor and 5 speed transmission. I would NEVER got a Sequoia if Toyota didn't put that motor/Trans. in. If I where you, you might want to take a newer Sequoia for a ride first that is unless you are looking to down grade. Johnnnny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts