Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be one of the more "hyped" tundra drivers, and i love my 1st gen. Then their was this one guy in a stock 5.7... with my small mods i thought a friendly race was coming on......witch did happen. i took him all about 1st gear then he blew my doors off :( im going to go out on a limb and say the outcome would have been far diffrent, if i had the same power plant being that the 1st gen is much lighter. Dose any body know?? PM me if you know a tuner shop or somthing of that nature who may be able to pull it off

· Premium Member
2,806 Posts
You want something similar?

Lot of Gen2 5.7 Tundys have issue with my truck... can't blow my doors off :devil:

· Premium Member
13,111 Posts
I may be one of the more "hyped" tundra drivers, and i love my 1st gen. Then their was this one guy in a stock 5.7... with my small mods i thought a friendly race was coming on......witch did happen. i took him all about 1st gear then he blew my doors off :( im going to go out on a limb and say the outcome would have been far diffrent, if i had the same power plant being that the 1st gen is much lighter. Dose any body know?? PM me if you know a tuner shop or somthing of that nature who may be able to pull it off
Sure. How much money you got?

Seriously, you have to swap both the motor and the tranny, you'll need a custom made drive shaft and maybe some regearing in the differential(s). And that is just the mechanical stuff. The electrical stuff would be a real P.I.T.A.

· Registered
391 Posts
I'm in the processing of searching information and parts to do this same job but with a manual transmission. Main things to think of are..

-motor
-harness (recommend stand alone unit)
-driveshaft (custom)
-rear end (think of getting a rear end off of a 2nd Gen that got totaled or being parted out)
-gears (try to match the same that were used on the 2nd Gen tundra for compatibility)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.