Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During my search for a winch bumper to fit my 2006 Toyota Sequoia I have come across the following options. I would like input from members, especially those who own winch bumpers regarding best options.

Features I am looking for in a winch bumper:

1. Bolt on preferred but not required.
2. Ability to utilize factory skid plate (don't want to change right away) however if a bumper comes with a replacement skid plate included I would consider.
3. Must have accommodation for lights(at least two replacing the fogs)
4. Must be able to hold at least 9k winch.
5. Usable Tow/Recovery points preferred.
6. Prefer specific to year: 2006 in my case. 01'-04'(pre-facelift) had a different grille structure and therefore those bumpers will not be a direct fit, as seen on this ARB; top portion of 05'-07'(facelift) factory bumper cover could be cut and used as trim to fill the gap that is left by removing the factory cover, while this is not desirable, I would not rule this out as a possibility if the bumper met all other requirements.

If there is any criteria I'm missing or did not consider feel free to add...

Here are the options I have found so far, please add to this list if you are aware of any I missed. If you have links or any other information please include those also.

ARB:

ARBbumper.jpg

ARB Sahara Bar Toyota Tundra 1999-06 (3915060)

The ARB is actually made for Tundra but obiously can be made to fit, I this case you can see where the factory bumper cover was cut and attached to the bumper as a trim piece.

Brute Force Fab:

20150221_110727_1469921520474.jpg 20150221_110744_1469921520355.jpg 20160415_163530_1469921438396.jpg

QuickMemo+_2016-07-29-22-19-29-1.png QuickMemo+_2016-07-29-21-48-15-1.png

Currently this is my favorite option, direct bolt on for 05'-07, no cutting trimming or welding and you can keep the factory skid plate.

Brute Force Fab - Tacoma Plate Bumper Hybrid Bumper, Tacoma Winch Bumpers, Fabricating Services

Addicted Offroad:

1777177d1432482030-toyota-winch-bumpers-imageuploadedbyag-free1432482029.634138.jpg QuickMemo+_2016-07-31-09-33-38-1.png

Great looking bumper but this one has to be welded in, there is some required cutting and the factory skids are not able to be saved...

Plate Front Bumper Toyota Tundra/Sequoia [aor-Tundra/Sequoia plate] - $1,054.00 : Addicted Offroad is a full service Parts, Sales, and Fabrication company offering offroad parts for all makes and models, Addicted Offroad

InSain Fab:

QuickMemo+_2016-07-31-10-04-23-1.png FB_IMG_1467776456260-1.jpg

One of my favorite bumpers, need to contact the fabricator for more details, does not appear to utilize factory skid plate and would need some accommodation for my 06' in terms of top trim piece. BTW this has got to be one of the SICKEST Sequoia ever built! 35"s look so good on this truck its not funny. Perfect setup, just right...

Off Road Products

Unknown:

bumper.jpg

Could not find a source on this, looks very similar to the addicted off-road with some minor variances, perhaps one of their early prototypes? looks great!

All suggestions welcome! My goal is to run at least a 9,000lb Come-Up, Super Winch, Smitty Built or similar, not opposed to Warn just can't justify the price. Recommendations/advice on winch selection also welcome! Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the BruteForce bumper......one of these days when the Sequoia is the #1 family vehicle.
Yep, that's what I'm leaning toward. I really like the bumper and Billy has been extremely helpful answering all my questions but he is in California and I would really like to find a regional shop to do the work. I will probly end up with brute force but it's just hard to believe there is no one making bumpers in the South East region for these trucks...

Southern Style Offroad offered to build one but I would need to leave the truck with them for a couple weeks at least...

There has to be a fabricator in the Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama area making Sequoia bumpers!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Find a local forum for 4x4 Toyota's and have someone recommend a fab shop nearby. They could style it after one of these and even add on whatever little things you like. I went this route for me '03 and was quite happy as I had a say in how it went.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Find a local forum for 4x4 Toyota's and have someone recommend a fab shop nearby. They could style it after one of these and even add on whatever little things you like. I went this route for me '03 and was quite happy as I had a say in how it went.
Good idea I'll do that, I will say brute force has welcomed all input during our correspondence and seems very open to customization within reason...

have pictures of yours?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just happened by this post while searching and recognized this one, so figured I'd update for any interested party.
This is a Relentless Fabrication bumper. They make a front and rear as well as a skid. Looks like nice stuff and priced well.

Toyota ? Relentless Off-Road Fabrication

View attachment 86409

Could not find a source on this, looks very similar to the addicted off-road with some minor variances, perhaps one of their early prototypes? looks great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please excuse the necropost, but anybody try putting a double cab tundra grill on a 05-07 sequoia hood so it sits flush with front armor?

A thread on a different forum(Titled: Sequoia front end? Has anyone on here ever did an 06-07 sequoia front end conversion?) states the hood and headlights are the same, so I'm thinking it should work. Mounting points might need adjusting though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts