Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im thinking of getting the warn hitch mount with an M8000 winch or another winch around that quality. However would it make more sense to mount a front hitch to use it in the front and add the extra weight to the front with my spacers....(i won't keep the winch all the time, only when needed) or does it make more sense to just use the rear hitch and save the extra $$ instead of getting another hitch and the idea of maybe having to upgrade the front suspension....Im thinking the rear would work just as good, but does that make sense to anyone else? thanks

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
ok so im thinking of getting the warn hitch mount with an M8000 winch or another winch around that quality. However would it make more sense to mount a front hitch to use it in the front and add the extra weight to the front with my spacers....(i won't keep the winch all the time, only when needed) or does it make more sense to just use the rear hitch and save the extra $$ instead of getting another hitch and the idea of maybe having to upgrade the front suspension....Im thinking the rear would work just as good, but does that make sense to anyone else? thanks
So your asking if you should have a winch mount in the front and rear of the truck or just in the rear correct?

Why not make a hidden reciever mount in the front behind the license plate so all you have to do is mount the winch on a 2 reciever and slide it in the hole when you need to tug out? Just like a receiver hitch you have in the rear but have one up front descretly mounted behind your stock bumper. When you get stuck you slide the winch in put the pin and pull out. Then remove it and store it in the bag or container in the bed. This way you could use it in the front and rear.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your asking if you should have a winch mount in the front and rear of the truck or just in the rear correct?

Why not make a hidden reciever mount in the front behind the license plate so all you have to do is mount the winch on a 2 reciever and slide it in the hole when you need to tug out? Just like a receiver hitch you have in the rear but have one up front descretly mounted behind your stock bumper. When you get stuck you slide the winch in put the pin and pull out. Then remove it and store it in the bag or container in the bed. This way you could use it in the front and rear.
i've looked into this...but it seems easier on a tacoma, as ive seen it done on them! maybe i can get someone thats good at fabbing stuff look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts