Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on my friend's new tundra. For that only reason I am more for the HM instead of the TM, but it is kind of hard to find one with only the regular mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I can almost bet you its not the tow mirrors. My Crewmax with the tow mirrors is fairly queit. However this 2WD 07 Tundra w/the smaller mirrors the dealer currently has me in has noticibly more wind noise than my Crewmax. You can really hear the wind noise beat around the windshield pillars. I would be disappointed if this was my truck, its pretty bad on a gusty day.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My tow mirrors have a considerable amount of wind noise. I had an F150 with smaller mirrors and I now have the CrewMax. The wind noise is definately louder. Its not enough for it to be an issue however.
If you have the stereo on at pretty much any volume its not noticeable.
Then again, I drive mostly city miles. I haven't gone on a long trip where my speeds get up in to the 60's, 70's, 80's for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i have the smaller mirrors. at highway speeds, above 80, it is pretty loud with the windows open.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I came out of the Super Duty F 250. I am hearing a funny noise in my DC with tow mirrors at highway speeds.............Wait I think that is the radio. It is the first time I have heard the radio at highway speed in 7 years. Got to love the tight fit and finish of this new Tundra.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts