Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday, I put an AVS bug shield on my 06 DC. It looked great and I was happy with it. Friday I went out of town and as I was driving, there was a knocking noise I could hear over the radio. I had never heard this noise before. It was coming from the driver side windshield post. I put my hand on the grab handle and every time there was a noise, I could feel it in the handle. Needless to say, the noise was annoying and was getting nore frequent with each passing mile. At one point, it sounded like someone was hitting my truck with a hammer. Saturday, I took it to the dealership. They took it for a ride, heard the noise and determined it was the bug shield. They took the sheild off and I went down the road and guess what - no knocking. :eek: It appears that the shape of the bug shield was causing the wind to swirl around and cause this noise. Has anyone else experienced this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, it is comeing from the rubber weatherstrip on the "A" pillars, cold weather makes it very loud.

Carefully lift the edge of the weatherstrip and clean the underside and the windshield with alcohol and apply some double sided sticky tape. No noise!:tu:

You could also remove the weatherstrip to install the tape, open the front doors and you will see the phillips screws that hold the weatherstrip frame to the "A" pillar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts