Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...try this out. In a DC get going about 70 kph/45 mph and open both back windows of your truck with the front closed....but be ready to close them again. WOW, I thought my 4Runner shook alot when I did that. The entire truck started vibrating and I thought my ear drums were going to pop from the pressure waves inside the cab!!! Anybody know a fix for this one...I like to drive with my back windows down for fresh air without getting bugs in my face......

·
Registered
175 Posts
there is none. i used to work at volvo and if you did that in one of the wagons it felt like your eyes were gonna pop outta your head. try cracking the windows instead of having them all the way open is all i can say.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok...try this out. In a DC get going about 70 kph/45 mph and open both back windows of your truck with the front closed....but be ready to close them again. WOW, I thought my 4Runner shook alot when I did that. The entire truck started vibrating and I thought my ear drums were going to pop from the pressure waves inside the cab!!! Anybody know a fix for this one...I like to drive with my back windows down for fresh air without getting bugs in my face......
Keep your head inside the truck and you won't get bugs in your face.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
If you have the rear slider, open it a crack. If not, you will have to barley open the front windows.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I like the wind in my face..with my tounge hanging out and barking at everyone on the sidewalk.....wait a minute..that's my dog that likes that. :)

Actually where I live we have these things called tar sand beatles...ugly as sin and about 2 inches long with big antennas.....I bet the darn things could dent your hood if they hit it on the highway.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I noticed that too. It sounded like a Helo was landing on top of the truck. Whaap whaap whaap. It's very annoying at anything over about 25 mph. Makes me wish we had that cool CM sliding rear window. :tu:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Makes me wish we had that cool CM sliding rear window. :tu:
Thank God the CrewMax has the sliding rear window:tu: In the Summer I always drove around in my '04 DC with the windows up and the rear sliding window down. In moderate Summer temps you don't need the AC running to keep the cabin cool. That rear sliding windows is indeed a great feature. A first in the 1/2 ton pickup market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts