Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my driver door window regulator (very easy BTW for anyone who hasn't done it). Now after the truck has sat for a few minutes the regulator clips pull off the bottom of the window glass when lowering the window. I've taken the interior panel off and remounted the glass a couple times and then run the window up and down - fine, no issues. Put the panel back on - run the window, no problem. Go inside for a while, come back out after it's sat in the closed position for a while and pulls right off the glass again.

I tried lubing the window track with white lithium grease and also thoroughly cleaned the glass surface and edges but doesn't seem to help. The window seals feel sticky so I cleaned them good with rubbing alcohol to remove any contaminants that might be causing the window to stick in the frame. Nothing seems to help, it goes right back to pulling out after it's sat in the closed position long enough.

Ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Youtube door glass removal and you should see how the glass is bolted in. My guess is one of the bolts came loose and thats why it went down crooked.

This is gen 2 but same idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts