Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=arial, helvetica]So a semi threw up a rather large piece of something against the windshield of the wife's Camry last night and left a half-dollar size dent in the windshield. It didn't come all the way through but the outside layer is flaking. Is this something that can be repaired (size-wise) or should I just replace the windshield? Do I have to go with a generic windshield or can I request an OEM Toyota one? I'm assuming if I have to replace the windshield it would be over my deductible anyway.
This is actually the first time I've ever had to deal with this so I guess that's a good thing at least.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well they say that if the damaged area is smaller then the size of a dollar it can be repaired. However, here in the state of Florida, if the crack/dent is on the drivers side the windshield must be replaced. I would recomend staying away from safelite to do the repair or replacement of the windshield. If you call around ask whos windshields they use, manufactures. PPG is proabley the best, I got mine done by safelite and got some xyz brand that magnifies things and miss shapes them around the edges. Most auto manufactures use PPG for their windshields, they just slap a Toyota or whatever label on it and call it their own. As for the insurance, check the states laws about windshields. Here in Florida the windshield replacements are free if you have full coverage insurance on the car and it will not raise your rates. I had to replace mine on my Tundra twice after a crack on the driver side, then about 6 months later when a rock hit the windshield and cracked it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts