Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what year/model toyota has a windshield washer nozzle that does the full spray onto the windshield and not the 2 jet stream version? The full spray works much better on snow and at high speeds and I was thinking about changing them out, and figured the best way was to try a Toyota model first. I know you can buy all kinds of blinky gold fancy ones. I have no need for that.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
This is a decent question and I'm interested myself. I dont see why you couldn't swap another nozzle either, as long as it's somewhat the same shape. I'm not 100% positive on what model cars has a full spray, but the nozzles should fit the Tundra. I now wonder what auto manufacturers use for hood nozzles as well. It could be 1 large supplier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife has a 2004 subaru forester, and it has the spray nozzle. It is great. I am almost compelled everytime I drive it to wash the window.

Lets see what everyone else says.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does anyone know what year/model toyota has a windshield washer nozzle that does the full spray onto the windshield and not the 2 jet stream version?
My '06 Limited sprays a fan-shaped pattern. :tu:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
This is definitely one of those cheap and easy upgrades. I hate the two stream spray.

Anyone know the part number? Otherwise, I'll check my local dealer or some of the online dealers on this board.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My '06 Limited sprays a fan-shaped pattern. :tu:
Does anybody else's spray right above the wiper, so that it doesn't clean the top of the windshield at low speeds? I can only get the top of the wiper area clean at high speeds.

I remember on my '98 Tacoma I took a needle, and was able to adjust the jet upwards towards the middle of the windshield by literally sticking it in there, wonder if I could do it on my '06 DC??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anybody else's spray right above the wiper, so that it doesn't clean the top of the windshield at low speeds? I can only get the top of the wiper area clean at high speeds.

I remember on my '98 Tacoma I took a needle, and was able to adjust the jet upwards towards the middle of the windshield by literally sticking it in there, wonder if I could do it on my '06 DC??
Mine sprays only 1/4 up from the base of the windshield. This can't be normal, is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just repaired mine 2wks ago. Same issue, only sprayed bottom 1/4 of windshield. Here's what I did:

Pulled off rubber hoses on hood underside connection to sprayer. Ran washer fluid to clean out lines of any debris. Ran small needle back and forth thru the 4 nozzles a few times from the hood topside. Blew compressed air through each nozzle connection from hood underside. All problems solved - each one sprays about 2/3 of the way up windshield.

If the 06 version is a direct fit I'd change as we'll, I have theose on my 05 Corolla and prefer the job it does.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is definitely one of those cheap and easy upgrades. I hate the two stream spray.

Anyone know the part number? Otherwise, I'll check my local dealer or some of the online dealers on this board.
I would not call it cheap (for what they are)

I wanted to do that on my Nissan (put the corolla washer nozzles), and I was quoted $44 for each from Toyota.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Yup, my windshield sprayer is pathetic. Sprays about 1 inch above the blade so that not much fluid ever gets to the top of the windshield. Good for smearing bug guts around the windshield and not much else.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine sprays only 1/4 up from the base of the windshield. This can't be normal, is it?
I usually see this when a little wax gets caught there. If not wax, I'd look for deposits left behind by evaporated washer fluid. Either way, a little roto-rootin' around with a small needle usually helps.

On another note, as long as it hasn't been freshly detailed, I used to enjoy the expression (think light bulb coming on :eek:, often followed by a :)) on other people's faces when I'd signal the person in the car ahead (usually at a stop light) to hit their washer again as it shot over the top of their car onto my windshield! . . . And they usually complied :D.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if they ARE $45 a piece, looks like I'll be calling some junkyards. I'm sure they dont have them categroized and will probably pay like $5 for both.

Great stuff thanks guys..:tu:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I would not call it cheap (for what they are)

I wanted to do that on my Nissan (put the corolla washer nozzles), and I was quoted $44 for each from Toyota.
$44 each :eek:

Like daman323 - I'll call the yards.

·
Registered
212 Posts
On most nozzles if you take a small pin and stick it into the nozzle hole you can then adjust the nozzle. I just did this on my wifes civic. Ill have to check my tundra when she gets here to see if it will work on there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Dealer Here Has Them Listed For At $17 Each For An 05 Limited.

I Think I'll Still Call The Yards.....

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Has anyone completed this upgrade? What part did you end up using?

Thanks...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:( this cheap upgrade is more than i thought. Finding a junk yard with a newer model toyota is difficult (since everyone is still driving them... darn you reliable vehicle you..) and they don't even want to talk to you if its just the nozzle and not the whole hood. Looks like i will be ordering the $17 dealer '05 limited ones. Once i get them I'll post the results..

Dan

·
Registered
369 Posts
Have you checked prices with some of the online sites offering genuine Toyota parts, including TS sponsor sites :confused:? They're often the Internet (or Wholesale) Sales side of a regular dealership's Parts Dept., and usually offer great discounts :tu:, even on parts not shown :eek: on their web sites. Look for contact info and request a quote. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts