Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How :confused: to turn on the wiper de-icer that comes with the cold weather package

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it will come on when you turn on your outside heated mirrors. You can see the heat elements in the windshield under the glass at the wiper blades. The outside mirror heater button is right below your windshield defrost button by the a/c dials.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken, it will come on when you turn on your outside heated mirrors. You can see the heat elements in the windshield under the glass at the wiper blades. The outside mirror heater button is right below your windshield defrost button by the a/c dials.

You would think it would say somewhere in the manual, I suspected the same as you do! but would like clarification

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, you would think...huh? But I'm almost certain thats how it works. Youre not the first to ask this question. I know I've heard that to be the case before.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It sounds like that would also help with faster defrosting of the windshield. Cool!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 with the wiper de-icer yet there is no grid in the lower windshield like my wife's Subaru. Is it possible it was never installed? or does the system rely on hot air through the defrost. I think it is not installed. If any one has a picture of their grid could you post it?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just put two bottles of rubbing alcohol in the reservoir and you fair much better then some fancy gizmo Tundra option.
Yes you must purge the system completely before achieving maximum performance

·
Registered
52 Posts
if it says that you have the cold weather package than i am going to bet that you have it. i too was convinced that my truck didn't have it once so pulled the skirt off around the bottom of the windshield and there it was. the heating grid is on the under side of the windshield. my previous Honda ridgeline had the grid on top of the windshield as well and as far as I'm concerned that system worked better than this one but this does work a tiny bit on the tundra. it definitely wont keep your wipers clear though an ice storm but it will melt the occasional bump of ice on your wiper.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
It is on all vehicle with the cold weather package. It is turned on with the mirror defrost switch. If you have heated mirrors then it is on your truck.
Can you see it? NO!!
Does it work? YES!!
Are you gonna see earth shaking results? NO!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Exactly,thats why abit of booze in the jug produces RESULTS you can see(literally)
Are you gonna see earth shaking results? NO!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Local trick I learned from the Canucks up in Nisku Alb several years ago,got PO'd one year and filled the jug with 100% before ever crossing into Mt. I was ready :D
The lady at WalMarts was like .......:eek: :confused: :eek: to funny.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Or just drink the booze & you won't even think about the de-icer grid :doh:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Local trick I learned from the Canucks up in Nisku Alb several years ago,got PO'd one year and filled the jug with 100% before ever crossing into Mt. I was ready :D
The lady at WalMarts was like .......:eek: :confused: :eek: to funny.
I would've liked to see the look on the customs officer when you tell them casually that your truck is "drinking" the booze.. and spitting it all over its own face (windshield)! :boink:

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Customs up in Sweet Grass Mt/Canada are pretty cool guys,heading up next week for
another run to Red Deer.(the last of the year)

Kinda OT, but the people on the left side of Canada are complete aliens to the crap that abides on the right. Worlds apart in every aspect one could imagine.
I refuse any type of service to the Quebec/Ontario Provence's

Just an FYI ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I looked this up a couple years ago when I bought my truck and what I saw is the cold weather package had a heater inside the washer fluid reservoir that heats the fluid. I could be wrong but the other day when it was cold as frack I sprayed my windshield with fluid and it steamed when it hit the windshield. Could have been the windshield was that hot tho.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Or just drink the booze & you won't even think about the de-icer grid :doh:
Well that depends on the booze now doesn't it. Put the $2 a bottle stuff in the washer and the $30 stuff in your mouth! I prefer 24 yr old single malt myself but to each his own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts