Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Costco, they had some Goodyear Assurance wipers for $7.00 ea. These are frameless like the OEM wipers. They had all sizes for the same price, but I wasn't sure if they had the adapters for our trucks. There was an opened one so I checked it out, the adapter was included. I picked up a 26" and a 24" for my truck. Should have picked up a set for the wife's Highlander too.

I don't know if they are any good, but at this price I can replace them 3 times for the same money as the ones I got from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They went on just as easily as the factory ones. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's daylight.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well some have reported that the overpriced ones from the dealer havent done all that great so those cant be much worse. im on my second set and i cant recall the last vehicle i had that i had to replace them on.... of course i paid the 60 bucks from the dealer so i'd gladly do 7-8 bucks a piece

·
Registered
525 Posts
i wish there was a costco here.........i just paid 25 for one of them at my local napa store :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Just installed the rain-x contours..? $20.00 dollars less the dealer, really nice wiping action

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
COSTCOS may not be everywhere, but Wal-Marts are; I read on another wiper thread that their wipers are cheap and work well. I am getting ready to buy some new ones.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the rain-x ones suck, i had autozone give me a new one because it just smeared, the new one was ok, now it is smearing as well. i picked up some from walmart, but costcos are much cheaper

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
My local Tire Kingdom is offering a buy one rain x wiper blade and get the second free, installed. I have always used rain x blades with no issues.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the pics I promised:

This is how they come (old factory wipers inside)

The adapter pictured next to the OEM wiper

OEM wiper is pointed and a little lower profile

Goodyear has a flat nose and sits up a little higher

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
the rain-x ones suck, i had autozone give me a new one because it just smeared, the new one was ok, now it is smearing as well. i picked up some from walmart, but costcos are much cheaper

My parents have a membership to COSTCOS so I will have them pick me some up if they are cheaper than Wal-Mart; thanks.........

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Pick up some michelins from Costco. $10 bucks each....passenger size recommended by ts and their sizing chart was 22" but it seems a bit small. 24" might be better for the passenger

·
Registered
548 Posts
I still have the original wipers on my 07. 45xxx miles and three years old in a month. I'm in nj where we get plenty of rain/snow. Clean the blades when you wash the truck.
I may need a pair by next winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts