Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=arial, helvetica]So a semi threw up a rather large piece of something against the windshield of the wife's Camry last night and left a half-dollar size dent in the windshield. It didn't come all the way through but the outside layer is flaking. Is this something that can be repaired (size-wise) or should I just replace the windshield? Do I have to go with a generic windshield or can I request an OEM Toyota one? I'm assuming if I have to replace the windshield it would be over my deductible anyway.
This is actually the first time I've ever had to deal with this so I guess that's a good thing at least.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Based on your posting, it seems that the surface of the glass has been damaged. Keep in mind that the glass in the windshield is in reality a composition of glass/plastic/glass...

Based on what I think you have written, the windshield performed EXACTLY as designed and it prevented intrusion into the passenger compartment.

Suggest you call a couple of car glass replacement services and get a couple of estimates. Some will do the work in your driveway or at your office parking garage. It's not difficult if you have the right tools and know what you're doing. Make sure you take pictures of the surrounding trim so that if anything is damaged you can ask the vendor to replace it!

Depending on your insurance...you may just want to pay for this out of your own pocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts