Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into the dealer today and they wanted $70 for new wipers. What the ****. After a visit to PEP Boys, I noticed the wipers are not industry standard attachment. Where are you guys getting your wipers from?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hop over to our forum (tundra) and do a search. theres been lots of discussion...some have gotten them from auto supply places recently for alot cheaper...its hit or miss as to who is going to have the correct adapter...when i had one tear on me in a down pour towing the boat, after hours, we only had walmart to chose from and of course there was nothing there that woudl work. i talked the parts guy down a little at my local dealer and got them for 60 bucks out the door...but still ridiculous for wiper blades. but good news is, there are people finding them locally aftermarket finally for alot less. some online too. just hop over and do a search and see what all comes up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got mine from NAPA for about $55. Checkers didn't have it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer said, "you have a expensive luxury car". My response was they are wipers should I also pay more for gas? I then compared prices for oil changes, rotations and brakes on my "luxury" Acura automobile. Acura was about 25% cheaper on each item. They are going to loose all my business over a set of wipers.

I'll go to the other forum, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, $70 seems high. I ordered mine (for an '08 Sequoia) from Toyota Parts Express and paid $54 for all three. Note, these aren't just refills, but rather the whole blade (which includes the rubber squeegee/refill bit)
Right Wiper (part number 852120C021) $16.95
Left Wiper (part number 852220C021) $25.99 (not sure why this one is so much more...as it' nearly identical to the right side)
Rear Wiper (part number 852420C010) $8.94

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got some nice rainx wipers from advanced autoparts. I think they were like $20 each. The rear wiper is real small and had to order it from toyota, but it comes as the whole assembly, I think it was $16 or so.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
A windscreen wiper (windshield wiper in North America) is a device used to wipe rain and dirt from a windscreen.
A bot is a program that creates SPAM on forums that do not have ways of blocking them. :threadjacked:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found rain-x wipers at Target for 19 each. Best price yet. Cannot believe I couldn't get them at pep boys or autozone off the shelf.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are a couple options on amazon.com. I have Valeo's on my '05 Tundra, and they have held up well. The version for the Platty is $15 or so. Unless you want the "Ultimate" (whatever that does differently), which is $19. You buy a pair and they are shipped free (orders over $25).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts