Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question/problem. I bought an eBay 87810-0C060 mirror as an upgrade to my 2010 SR5 Tundra, model ZTVHL3. The 7-pin wiring connector from the headliner fit just perfectly and all features work, but the wire shield I bought that "should" match it 87818-0C020 doesn't quite fit over the wiring connector. The mirror came with the bottom half of a wire shield, but shorter than the 0C020 and a bit wider with a notch for the wires to pass through to the mirror.

Can anyone give me an idea what wire shield works with this mirror, and maybe if the mirror I have is for another model and I should look in the parts list there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, good news/bad news for anyone who ends up in the same hole. It looks like the mirror came from a 2010 Tacoma and not a Tundra, the giveaway was the wire passthrough notch in the lower half of the wire shield. The top half of the wire shield for the Tacoma is part 87818-04010, but the combo is still too sort to reach the headliner. I used the old "skinny" wire shield to cover the rest of the wires, trimmed the "ears" off the new wire shield, and used a bit of black silicone to glue everything together and make a smooth (as long as you don't look too closely) transition.

The wife who is normally oblivious to everything said she's been keying on this since I'd pointed it out, and mentioned tonight how much better it looked while we were on the way to pick up a bed frame for one of the kids. It's a good night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts