Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the factory stereo head unit in '05 Tundra crew cab with an aftermarket touchscreen receiver. Upon initial installation, the new unit worked and sounded great. I then went back and installed a back-up camera. After installing the back-up camera and closing everything back up, I am not getting any power to the receiver.

I have checked my wiring and made sure there were no blown fuses. I re-installed the factory receiver and am not getting power to it either, so i know the problem is not with the new unit. My only conclusion is that during the back-up camera installation, I altered the trucks wiring harness in some way. I have checked the wiring in driver's side kick panel to ensure nothing was disconnected during installation.

Does anyone know what may be preventing the receiver from getting power? Are there any resources that diagram the connections inside the dash? I am reluctant to take it into a professional if at all possible and any information/resources would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the lack of detail. Its a 2005 double cab SR5. It does not have the JBL upgrade. Other than the receiver I replaced, everything is original to the truck. Let me know if there are any other details which would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if u need the wiring info, but here it is.

2005 Toyota Tundra Stereo Wiring Information
Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray
Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Radio Illumination Wire: Green
Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Pink/Blue
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White

From : http://stereowiringdiagram.info/2005-toyota-tundra/

Also might check the actual wire descriptions here : http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/TOYOTA TUNDRA 2000-2006.pdf

My guess is you may crossed a 12 volt constant with a starter wire, or possibly fried a circuit or capacitor by not grounded something properly.

Best thing to try might be check ur 12 volt constant, and test it to see if that is working.

Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts