Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to the dealership with my list of things that need addressing. The tailgate issue is a given, for the 3rd mention about it with them. The seat foam on the drivers side is able to be lifted up and off the base (i'm 6'4" and don't 'slide' in to the seat either, I sit on it). Droning noise again, not sure if it's front diff again or if it comes from the driveshaft support bearing. I have a clunk when taking off sometimes or when shifting from drive to reverse. Truck pulls to the right a little and when slowing down my steering whel has a shimmy to it, soft spotted rotors???? My radio has a really annoying hiss to it with my satallite radio plugged in to the Aux port yet no noise on regular FM/AM. My windows in the back door rock back and forth in the track when they are partially down. My 2nd replacement battery leaks like crazy. I have never seen a new battery vent like this! Time for a better replacement. They have been pretty good so far in dealing with the grill bubbling chrome and the rusty rear bumper issue but we'll see how they back this up. I'm not trying to screw Toyota out of anything that isn't needed. I have full platinum warranty and only have 45k kms on it!! I go in at 7:50 on Tuesday to take a mechanic on a joy ride, hopefully the truck doesn't get she and not show it's problematic side.
-Brock

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well today was the day and I think it was handled well. i went in to the shop to get a few issues addressed/assessed and the outcome was that the Battery will be changed out, the tailgate will be replaced, the radio hiss is being looked in to, the front diff wouldn't growl consistant enough for them to acknowledge it, and the driveshaft wouldn't clunk, of course! All in all i am happy with the service and more than happy to get my tailgate replaced!! Thanks Sun Country.:tu:

P.S. they changed out the gas pedal as part of their campaign, not happy with the result, i cant even feel the accelertator spring resistance under my size 13 foot!! Every dip and bump in the road causes the pedal to be depressed. My mileage is gonna be crap! Should make for interesting offroad driving! Maybe I should join in Ballet class with my 5 year old so I can be light on my feet :td:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Complain to Toyota customer care about the pedal. If it is soft now it will surely be a hazzard off road. The repaired mine then I had to have them replace it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't think that they replaced your pedal, just installed the shim. If the pedal feel is too soft now they have announced that they will then change the pedal out.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Maybe I should join in Ballet class with my 5 year old so I can be light on my feet :td:
Please post pics of you two in your tu tu's

If my second battery spurted, I'd get a new alternator, your regulator is not doing its job. Could be a dirty connector.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Good luck! Oh, wait you've already been taken care of. I share your pedal concern, I want my old pedal back. It's fine on the highway with cruise control on, but bumps result in more "unwanted acceleration" than a stuck pedal ever did? :(

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't even notice a difference in my pedal after the shim was installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put a K&N on my truck about the same time as dealer replaced pedal. I thought it was just me with the touchy gas pedal. I will make the dealer replace.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The seat foam and fabric cover are actually lifting off the seat base on the driver's seat. It's the opposite of what usually happens with a bolstered style seat in a truck. I'm 6'4" and can step in to the truck without having to drag my *** across the seat. They tried to blame that on me but I should them how I get in to the truck and how it doesn't affect the seat cushion. It's being replaced too under warranty. The battery is a venting issue, the first one broke, had the inner fender stripped and repainted,grrrrrr, and this replacement battery vents like crazy! so they are replacing it with a new, hopefully better, one. the gas pedal issue is annoying, I was sitting in the waiting room and thinking to myself that they would probably change it even without telling me but it was too late when I asked about it. The pedal (rubber part) is the old one, so I assume it was the shim fix. Hopefully the new ones, if replaced later, are better. i do a lot of off road driving and the roads around here aren't always the smoothest. I have a AFE intake and dual 40 series Flowmasters and you can hear it the engin every time I go over a big bump or in to a dip. I can't watch my instant MPG screen anymore, it fluctuates WAY too much on bumpy roads now :( Tailgate is splitting apart at the seams on the top edges, there is a TSB for the gate and the dealer finally realized it and a new one is being brought in and painted to match when the truck is in there. Truck goes in on Monday for alignment and all the warranty issues to be fixed.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Only way a battery vents is when charging and normal charging is contained. So it is either being heavily discharged or it is being overcharged. With 2 doing it, you could replace batteries forever and not solve the problem. I'd have them replace the altenator so it should be your last trip there for that problem

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, i got my truck back today (it went in on Monday) and I have a new tailgat with my old hardware and inner access panel. It was color matched to my truck at the dealership so they got the silver correct and they also repainted the old access cover panel inside the gate. It has a new plastic top cap too. The seat cushion is done, feels like a new truck, gonna take another 48k kms to get that broken in again, hahaha. Battery is done and they thoroughly washed and cleaned the truck, even vacuumed the impossible to remove dog hair from the underside of the back seats! The alignment is good, no more pulling to the right. Overall, happy with the work, they have great staff at the dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts