Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I hope I am not repeating something already said on the forum.

But did anyone else just remove the backseat headrests on their 3rd Gen DC's or CM's. I removed them the minute I purchased the truck and honestly, I have no idea where I put them. Very dumb on my part considering the price for those things but regardless, I will never put them back on anyway. The visibility that I have now is so much better than before. I also added those Wide Angle Japanese rearview mirrors and I have absolutely 0 blind spots.

:crazy3d:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I also removed mine on my 2nd Gen. I have a front bench seat and the middle front seat is also with out a headrest. The view out the rear is a little better without them. I did this in my previous coupe as well. I never have any passengers so it doesn't really matter, I might just sell mine.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I feel sorry for anyone riding in your back seat when you get rear-ended.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did the same on my Gen-2. Visibility is pretty poor with them installed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I feel sorry for anyone riding in your back seat when you get rear-ended.
Hmmm didn't think about that. The glass is pretty close. I guess I'll make it a hard hat zone back there. Maybe I'll mod some headrest to flip down from the ceiling like Land Rovers had.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you don't plan on anyone ever sitting back there, that's fine. Headrests aren't a comfort feature, they are a safety feature. If someone got injured in the backseat with those removed, you could be held responsible for contributory negligence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I removed my headrests as soon as I got the truck home. Obstructed visibility is a more immediate concern than the repercussions of a possible accident. Plus, almost no one has ever ridden in the backseat.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This is not an option for me. I have four children and I need all the head rests. As far as visibility is concerned, unless you could take the bed off, the improvement cannot be that dramatic.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But the improvement is that dramatic. Having the headrests out truly help me see behind without any hesitation. I have absolutely 0 blind spots and I love it. I bought some extended mirrors from a website called TheToyotaPartsDepot.com and installed those as well because I had the regular mirrors on my truck.

But I do understand the liability concerns with being in an accident with passengers in the back. But like most, I rarely have anyone in the back seats. It is cool to see other members who share the same opinion though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.