Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about building a sealed sub box and placing it in the center rear back seat. I wanna put a forward firing 12" woofer in and mount the amp on top of the box. Couldnt i just get 2 carrabeaners and attatch a strap to them and put the strap on each side of the box and hook the carribeaner to the baby seat mounts? THat way i could put thos on snug so hte subwoofer wont be sliding around, and if i need to take the sub out, i just unhook it and pull the amp/subs out.
And if you dont know what baby seat mounts im talking about... ya know those metal things that are kinda down in the back of the seat.. thats what car seats hook to.

So what do ya think? I dont think the straps would be too noticable if i put the as far to the bottom/rear as possible. Also the center seat is 18" wide so i would still have plenty of space in the back.

Also one more question. How does ohm's relate to wattage. Like if a 2 channel amp puts out 600rms bridged at 4 0hms, how many watts will that be at 2 ohms?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I'm using the seatbelt plus a strap to hold my box in the back seat. I've got a pic in my gallery.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
T

Also one more question. How does ohm's relate to wattage. Like if a 2 channel amp puts out 600rms bridged at 4 0hms, how many watts will that be at 2 ohms?

If it is bridged, the amp cant go down to 2ohms. Most amps are only 4ohm stable bridged, so no go for you.

Look into Pheonix Gold amps (R8:0.1) will put about 600x1 to a sub, then check Image Dynamics or Elemental Designs for some great sub choices that will blow anything from best buy or CC out of the lake.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is bridged, the amp cant go down to 2ohms. Most amps are only 4ohm stable bridged, so no go for you.

Look into Pheonix Gold amps (R8:0.1) will put about 600x1 to a sub, then check Image Dynamics or Elemental Designs for some great sub choices that will blow anything from best buy or CC out of the lake.
but you cant wire dual 4 ohm voice coils to 4 ohms....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes you can wire Dual VC 4 Ohm speakers to 4 Ohms.........

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yea, you are prolly right. I hope he dont put a Kicker Sub in his truck...:td:

lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts