Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While admiring a new crewmax today I noticed that the MPG has decreased. Truck is the same as mine (2 wheel drive crewmax with 5.7). My mileage was quoted 16/20 and this 2010 was listed 14/18. Anyone know why the decrease?:confused: -Bamadoc

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Maybe the EPA made 'em get more realistic? I dunno...

My truck saw 9 the last tank and is sitting at probably 7 this tank and I haven't taken it over 2500 rpm in the 35 miles I've put on the tank.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
dunno. the epa hasnt had an across the board change like they did a few years ago...

oh wait. i know. its cause the throttle sticks wide open so you naturally get worse mpgs. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
My 08 crew max 5.7 2 wheel drive the sticker was 14-18 mpg. I usually get about 15 to 16 mpg depends on how much highway. I live in orlando, not many mountains here!

·
Registered
819 Posts
True, cant forget thunder mountain!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh duh. just looked at ur "Garage". u have an 07. that was before the new epa ratings. so yeah, u had a higher epa rating, all cars/trucks did.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
In North Dakota, I see 11.5mpg regulary, but when in Chicago was running around 10......

·
Registered
525 Posts
In North Dakota, I see 11.5mpg regulary, but when in Chicago was running around 10......
thats because its flat as a board over there in the valley. your dog could run away, and you could watch him run for 5 miles!

i dont even see 11 very often in the winter. i let it idle and warm up for ~10 minutes before and after work. i drive an 11 mile round trip to work, so the mileage flat out sucks. i dont even run my big wheels/tires in the winter. i have my stock wheels with 285/65/18s. summer time i get 13-14 commuting to work (with aftermarket wheels/tires) and 14-15 on road trips (if i stay under 70mph)

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
While admiring a new crewmax today I noticed that the MPG has decreased. Truck is the same as mine (2 wheel drive crewmax with 5.7). My mileage was quoted 16/20 and this 2010 was listed 14/18. Anyone know why the decrease?:confused: -Bamadoc
That's because the EPA revised the MPG testing in 2008. So 2007 numbers were different than 2008+ :)

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts