Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Would you add bushwacker pocket flares or leave alone?

• Bushwacker pocket flares

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No flares

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this picture post, because I would love some advice on if I should add some fender flares to my truck.
Any thoughts are appreciated,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeah on a truck like yours I think they would look great. I've seen some other trucks on here with em and they look pretty good. I've thought about adding em to mine but not sure I could pull it off as well as yall.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Definitely get some! I have some Slate Metallics on the way from TRDSPARKS; just ordered them.........

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I wouldn't add them and your truck looks sick just like it is

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lookin sick as-is. I wouldn't add them; kinda hard to see on a black truck.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I would - however, I'd go with the pocket-style flares --- they're more rugged looking and would better match your truck than the smooth OEM flares.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I would - however, I'd go with the pocket-style flares --- they're more rugged looking and would better match your truck than the smooth OEM flares.

I agree with this. Go with the pockets, bushwackers, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truck looks sick like it is. I bought a 2010 DSI lifted Tundra in the Sky Metallic and I am ordering the Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares factory painted from JC Whitney. I think these style flares would look sweet on your truck. Check them out on JC Whitneys web site.

·
Registered
139 Posts
On your rig I'd leave them off. If you really want to add them I'd go for the "bolt on" look, not the sleek Toyota flares. Stick with black...NOT the camo color. Sometimes less is more, and I think that works in this case. :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I agree. The pocket-style Bushwackers would look bad azz on your truck. I wish they made them for Gen1s.

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
I like the way it is, less is more in this case I think.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I think it looks bad arse as it is, but if you have to go with the pocket style flares. The factory ones look more luxury than tough.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I say add them, get the pocket style flares from bushwhacker, if you were looking at the oem style then dont get them. You should add a pole to this!

·
Registered
681 Posts
You asked, so I'll answer.....NO!! Fender flares are ugly!! No offense to those that have them, but I would never put them on my truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Definitely get some! I have some Slate Metallics on the way from TRDSPARKS; just ordered them.........
Truck looks sick like it is. I bought a 2010 DSI lifted Tundra in the Sky Metallic and I am ordering the Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares factory painted from JC Whitney. I think these style flares would look sweet on your truck. Check them out on JC Whitneys web site.
Can the two of you post pics of your trucks after installing the flares? Thank you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I agree on the BW pockets - just get em painted to match. dont leave them flat black.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input

I really appreciate the input from everyone and have taken the advice to add a poll. And, I promise no hung shad in this poll :ts:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Firemanmike

You make a strong case for adding them with your picture. I am starting to lean that way, thinking it would look pretty good with the flares as does yours. Your cargo cover looks nice also. Is it windowless? What brand and model is that, if you don't mind the questions. Does it stay on all the time, or is it easy to go on and off with?
Thanks!
Greg

1 - 20 of 44 Posts