Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Would you add bushwacker pocket flares or leave alone?

• Bushwacker pocket flares

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No flares

Votes: 0 0.0%

Would you add fender flares?

10K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  socal57chevy 
#1 ·
I hope this picture post, because I would love some advice on if I should add some fender flares to my truck.
Any thoughts are appreciated,
Greg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah on a truck like yours I think they would look great. I've seen some other trucks on here with em and they look pretty good. I've thought about adding em to mine but not sure I could pull it off as well as yall.

#3 ·
Definitely get some! I have some Slate Metallics on the way from TRDSPARKS; just ordered them.........

#4 ·
I wouldn't add them and your truck looks sick just like it is

#6 ·
I would - however, I'd go with the pocket-style flares --- they're more rugged looking and would better match your truck than the smooth OEM flares.

#7 ·
I would - however, I'd go with the pocket-style flares --- they're more rugged looking and would better match your truck than the smooth OEM flares.

I agree with this. Go with the pockets, bushwackers, etc.

#9 ·
On your rig I'd leave them off. If you really want to add them I'd go for the "bolt on" look, not the sleek Toyota flares. Stick with black...NOT the camo color. Sometimes less is more, and I think that works in this case. :)

#11 ·
I like the way it is, less is more in this case I think.

#13 ·
I think it looks bad arse as it is, but if you have to go with the pocket style flares. The factory ones look more luxury than tough.

#16 ·
Definitely get some! I have some Slate Metallics on the way from TRDSPARKS; just ordered them.........
Truck looks sick like it is. I bought a 2010 DSI lifted Tundra in the Sky Metallic and I am ordering the Bushwacker Pocket style fender flares factory painted from JC Whitney. I think these style flares would look sweet on your truck. Check them out on JC Whitneys web site.
Can the two of you post pics of your trucks after installing the flares? Thank you.

#20 ·
Firemanmike

You make a strong case for adding them with your picture. I am starting to lean that way, thinking it would look pretty good with the flares as does yours. Your cargo cover looks nice also. Is it windowless? What brand and model is that, if you don't mind the questions. Does it stay on all the time, or is it easy to go on and off with?
Thanks!
Greg

#22 ·
I voted NO cause I dont like how you can see the seperation from the body itself. They look good from the side, but not good from the front or rear. They are also very expensive for what you get.

#24 ·
6 incher?

I am afraid I don't have anything that is 6 inches when it is just setting there:becky:
The truck has had a BDS 4.5 inch lift installed and the wheels are 20 inch with zero offset. The tires are 35x12.5x20. Wow, the poll here is about as split as my wife gets when she is picking out her shoes. I know that it is my decision, but I was hoping a landside vote one way or the other would help me see the light!! I really do appreciate all who have taken the time to look! Maybe I should just leave it alone until I can make a choice that I am really motivated to make. There is a guy where I live that has a 6inch lift and the flares, and it is SWEET. But.....................I am being such a woman about this LOL.
Regards,
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.