Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a set of steelies (200 miles on 'em) for just $75. I might call him tomorrow and see if he still has 'em.

How much would you pay for 'em? I am thinking about potentially blacking 'em out and throwing em on the truck with a set of bigger tires (a few months down the road).

At the least, I turn around and sell 'em or scrap 'em for the same price.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
am alway's amazed at some of the mods I see on this web site, incrediable all for it, course I put a undercover and nerf bars on my truck, but I'll never come close but just stock lets not forget this is one hell of a truck and ye3a a set of steel rims is way worth 75$'s. Heck if nuthen else ta never know when yall hit a curb are mamouth pothole'

·
Registered
722 Posts
i think blacked out or titanium gray steelies on 35+ inch tires with some wheel spacers would look sick

·
Registered
859 Posts
75 for a set? I would def get them. Even if you do nothing with them, at some point someone will bang up their steelies and want them and pay more. Or you might want to put them on yours for off road?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like all your inputs! I might have to, but it'll be a few weeks out probably.

With that said, I think that grey or black (not gloss black) would look pretty good.

Think someone can photoshop something on my truck for me?

(The harder shot)

And, a meatball for the lazy, but much appreciated, photoshop-ist

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well, base photoshop...

I am not familiar with how to make it darker without ruining it...
but what do ya'll think about that?

-rockstate

·
Registered
36 Posts
Winter wheelies! Save your good alloys from salt,snow, and other sh*t they put out during winter. 75 Bucks, I'd do it ina heart beat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you guys are serious I have a pristine set of styled steel wheels with the TPMS, lugs and centers here in arkansas. I'll let them go for $100. they have 2000 miles on them. message me for pics. Please don't reply here as I think i'm a bit out of line posting this in this thread.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Rockstate I am a big fan of the wheels that you have now, but for $75 if you have the space buy them. Unless you live somewhere it snows a lot and you run two sets of wheels and tires I wouldn't see the point and putting them on your truck. Like you said though you could turn around and sell that setup for more than that.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I think mudfuel is selling his. I believe they are the styled steel wheels. There is another member that painted his styled steel wheels black.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Try this photoshop hack job.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's this...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, I think they look good in black! I'm not a fan of the ones I have in black (maybe b/c I've seen 'em on here and they're too glossy or maybe b/c they don't look right.). The black steelies look pretty good and say "base" but still offroad. They look like they belong better on an FJ Cruiser (kinda where I'm steeling the idea from).

Thanks for the photoshops guys, I think the black steelies look the best.

-rockstate

·
Registered
157 Posts
Or this...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a heck of a photoshop augustus, thanks. I kinda like that...

Can you do it more of a FLAT black? That looks a lot more flat than some of the black alloys on here, and I kinda like it.

Decisions decisions...

-rockstate

Edit: just got off the phone wtih him. he does still have 'em.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks!

Bored, so here's the styled steel in black.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eh, not a fan of the styled steel wheels. Those are definitely out.

I think Jowett has a BA looking set up on his truck with the 18" TuRD wheels (which I bet he's gotten rid of already)

-rockstate

·
Registered
157 Posts
For TightyWhitey...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i got a hold of as set of the styled steel wheels off craigslsit for free. i got them in case i ever decided to chrome or powdercoat my TRDs i can stull have something to run on. they have some almost used up tires on them as they, well three anyway, so i think for free it wasnt a bad deal. also thought about PCing them black and just having them to go back and forth with.

friend of mine has a 92 explorer and we just put a set of black steelies off a crown vic PI and it looks friggin mean haha. hard to make a 92 2dr explorer sport look mean but it actualy looks kinda cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts