Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile back I gave a deposit of 1k to get a truck built at tom wood toyota. Ken gregory which I assumed was a straight shooter, but was not. The man could not deliver my truck before the May 15th deadline and then decides to ignore my emails and phone calls. NOw get this the dealership is keeping my 1k deposit claiming I failed to buy their truck, but it was them that could not deliver. Now the sales manager is claiming he had the truck on their lot for a long time. Hmm...wonder whos is lying sales manager or ken gregory either way......they are some POS over there.....:mad: for keeping my deposit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You probably dont have the phone records...but you should still have the emails that you sent. You should take those in and see what they have to say about that. Sounds like you might get screwed either way though. I think i foresee a BBB complaint.

·
Registered
823 Posts
That really blows, well if you want to be a prick you can always stay out on the street with a sing saying dont put a deposit on a car cause you willnt get it back. More then likely you will get there att and they might do something for you nothing worse then bad PR... I had to do something like with when i had a lemon witha VW dealer.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
So awhile back I gave a deposit of 1k to get a truck built at tom wood toyota. Ken gregory which I assumed was a straight shooter, but was not. The man could not deliver my truck before the May 15th deadline and then decides to ignore my emails and phone calls. NOw get this the dealership is keeping my 1k deposit claiming I failed to buy their truck, but it was them that could not deliver. Now the sales manager is claiming he had the truck on their lot for a long time. Hmm...wonder whos is lying sales manager or ken gregory either way......they are some POS over there.....:mad: for keeping my deposit.
A)Is there anything written in regards to a May 15th deadline?

B)What is in writing regarding a deposit?

C)Ask for documented proof as to when your vehicle hit the lot.

I would get Toyota Motor Sales involved in this as well.

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
That is a shame. When I was looking for my truck, I focused only on dealers with good reputations from people I know and what I read on the internet. I was so afraid of having a problem. Luckily, the dealer was also able to get to my price too which was a bonus. Wish you luck on the problems and hopefully you still have those emails, they will work wonders.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wait a second...this doesn't pass the smell test. If you really did give them a grand (I've no reason to doubt you other than maybe you work for a competitor) and they kept it without providing the truck then they're liable for damages. Ever hear of the word fraud? They have a legal duty to not keep the money if they couldn't / wouldn't deliver the goods. Doesn't matter if its a truck or a bag of concrete.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait a second...this doesn't pass the smell test. If you really did give them a grand (I've no reason to doubt you other than maybe you work for a competitor) and they kept it without providing the truck then they're liable for damages. Ever hear of the word fraud? They have a legal duty to not keep the money if they couldn't / wouldn't deliver the goods. Doesn't matter if its a truck or a bag of concrete.
I have the wire transfer and the email by Ken gregory who specifically states 'if I cant deliver the truck you get your deposist back"......I called my bank on the wire transfer they are gonna try to get the money back on their end.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have an email telling him I needed before the May deadline.
the only thing he told me was that if he cant deliver you get your deposit back
I could ask for that that means I would have to probaly fight them on it.
That is something I did for the past 4 weeks and toyota motor sales claims each dealership is indepent on how their ran so its my business with the dealership and toyota does not get involved.
lesson learned in the end "all salesman are slick and will take your money" someone once told me that and I didnt listen to them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Sh*t, don't give up so easily.

·
Registered
859 Posts
In defense of jock, he had a thread about this whole trying to order a truck and paying this deposit a while back. cant remember the specifics, but think he wanted a black truck with a black interior with a bench seat or something. Dealer couldn't or wouldnt provide. Kept stalling, then turned out they hadnt even ordered it or something? In the end, he bought a lightly used one I think.

Anyway, it would be an AWFUL lot of effort to go to the trouble of posting those earlier threads, JUST so he could start this one. He asked a question and is also posting a cautionary tale. What's with all the Jock haters anyway? A few weeks back people were calling him a troll. Never seen him post something out of line or something that couldnt be true. Except when he dont believe my freak mileage claim of course.... :)

I got your back dude.My advice, get as much of your documentation in order as you can. Then call Toyota Customer service. If no joy there, file in small claims.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I suspect that you are right. This guy has been banned on a couple other forums.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

I have an email telling him I needed before the May deadline.
the only thing he told me was that if he cant deliver you get your deposit back
I could ask for that that means I would have to probaly fight them on it.
That is something I did for the past 4 weeks and toyota motor sales claims each dealership is indepent on how their ran so its my business with the dealership and toyota does not get involved.
lesson learned in the end "all salesman are slick and will take your money" someone once told me that and I didnt listen to them.
If I get the $1k back for you can I have half??

The email proves that there was a deadline (May 15th) to be met and the $1k deposit was in consideration of the aforementioned deadline. When a vehicle gets delivered to the dealership there is documentation as to when the vehicle hits the lot. Most likely, per everything you are stating the documentation will show that the vehicle did not hit the lot until after May 15th (henceforth known as the deadline). Unless there is proof from them showing otherwise your $1k is due back. Does the dealership have any proof in the form of emails that they notified you of the vehicle being there by May 15th??

Make sure when you are speaking to Toyota Motor Sales you are speaking to "The Customer Experience" they hold more weight over issues than general customer service.

Any employee of Toyota corporate can be emailed directly in this format, first name_last name at toyota.com

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Probably could take them to court about it. Wouldn't even need a lawyer, just your e-mails, the proof of the wire transfer and proof that they did not deliver your truck by the date specified in the e-mail. Don't give up, that is $1000 toward a supercharger:D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
First never ever never write a check, untill the truck you want is on the lot and all paper work is in proper order. Many car salesman and dealer's are nothing short of scam artist. Nothing wrong with that, but you must deal with them accordingly, getting your money back is gona be hard, sorta like giving a whore money and saying yall be back in a month to collect, rough position you put yourself in.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
sorta like giving a whore money and saying yall be back in a month to collect, rough position you put yourself in.
How do you make a hormone??

Don't pay her :becky:

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Okay ALL Tundra owners in the area of where you live need to roll up to that dealership, and just sit there until you get your money back. This Saturday would be a good day as they should be busy with the 4th of July weekend!! ROLL OUT! Heck take everyone you know and just clog the lot!

·
Registered
823 Posts
^ LOL that would be amazing make sure to make sings. If it goes down i want pics.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heres what I did when a dealer tried to back out of a deal after I gave him a deposit.
I told him that I was on my way to buy a big sign and was going to call the local tv station
to inform them of my protest on the sidewalk in front of the dealership. The sign was going
state how the dealership had lied to and was trying to cheat me. The owner of the dealership
called and located my vehicle at the agreed price in just one hour.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts