Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from my girlfrend's house last night, I stopped by my local Arlington, TX dealership to see if they finally had a CrewMax in stock. As I pulled into the entrance driveway, there it sat...a new CrewMax Limited in (i think) Radiant Red!
This truck is absolutely beautiful in person...well, not really the color, but the truck itself is sooo hot! The dealership was closed...but they left the truck completely unlocked!
I absolutely cannot believe the space in this thing...I'm far, far from average sized at 6'2" and 300lbs, but with the front seats adjusted for comfort (basically as far back as they will go), I have an amazing amount of space in the back seat. I stayed at that dealership for 45 minutes in the rain messing with that truck!
This unit was a 'basic' Limited 5.7 without sunroof, nav, or electric tilt steering, but had the "Texas Edition" package with the gaudy chrome wheels for $42K. They had another silver SR5 CrewMax that I noticed on the way out. I'll try to get pics today and post on Monday.
Well, I'll probably be able to own a used CrewMax at best one day, but for those of you that are able to enjoy this masterpiece right now...I envy ya'll! What a truck!

·
Registered
237 Posts
On the way home from my girlfrend's house last night, I stopped by my local Arlington, TX dealership to see if they finally had a CrewMax in stock. As I pulled into the entrance driveway, there it sat...a new CrewMax Limited in (i think) Radiant Red!
This truck is absolutely beautiful in person...well, not really the color, but the truck itself is sooo hot! The dealership was closed...but they left the truck completely unlocked!
I absolutely cannot believe the space in this thing...I'm far, far from average sized at 6'2" and 300lbs, but with the front seats adjusted for comfort (basically as far back as they will go), I have an amazing amount of space in the back seat. I stayed at that dealership for 45 minutes in the rain messing with that truck!
This unit was a 'basic' Limited 5.7 without sunroof, nav, or electric tilt steering, but had the "Texas Edition" package with the gaudy chrome wheels for $42K. They had another silver SR5 CrewMax that I noticed on the way out. I'll try to get pics today and post on Monday.
Well, I'll probably be able to own a used CrewMax at best one day, but for those of you that are able to enjoy this masterpiece right now...I envy ya'll! What a truck!
Jim....Yes indeed. The CrewMax is a wonderful Truck. Everything about the CM is big:D. The buckets in my CM are so comfy, and the driving position is excellent. I'm so happy Toyota designed this Truck with the floor shift. I hated the colunm shift on my '04 DC. I now have about 140 miles on the Odometer, and will add another 600 this weekend.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No nav
No moonroof
Chrome wheels
$42K

What's wrong with this picture?
If you're implying that this is a bit expensive, I'll have to agree. They had a white SR5 V6 Access cab on the lot for $30K as well...hence my desire to buy used. But I WILL be a CrewMax owner, for sure...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really dont like the Crewmax. I think that of all the Toys that the DC is the best looking. I really dont like the bed. I had a Nissan CC Frontier and that truck would really piss me off becasue the bed was so short. I believe it will piss more people off later because of the bed size. I do know that I will not have a crewmax.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I really dont like the Crewmax. I think that of all the Toys that the DC is the best looking. I really dont like the bed. I had a Nissan CC Frontier and that truck would really piss me off becasue the bed was so short. I believe it will piss more people off later because of the bed size. I do know that I will not have a crewmax.
Well, for some people it is actually pretty good. Remember, a 5.5 foot bed is still comparable to most mid-size/compact trucks, plus this one is wider and deeper. I need the interior room for dogs and one child (but more to come!) and want a bed to haul mostly hardwoods, packages, etc. and occasionally camping gear and/or trailer/boat. But that really hasn't been an option for me because I'm large and don't fit into most vehicles that fit that without going to a domestic 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck (which I don't need). An SUV is great, but then that means limitations on what I can put in the back since getting the interior dirty is not an option whereas a truck provides for all kinds of things in the bed.
Just wanted to point out to you that there are indeed people that will really benefit from this. Crew cabs are great, but the more room in the back seat, the better! That is especially true since being 6'4"+ makes sitting behind me in virtually any vehicle a difficult task! Have fun with your truck though! Thankfully there is a model that fits most people's needs!:D :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I know what would piss me off even more is not being able to maneuver in a small parking lot, a parking garage, or to parallel park. That happens all the time in urban areas. The extra 12 to 18 inches of length of a crew cab with a full size bed does make a difference.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you're implying that this is a bit expensive, I'll have to agree. They had a white SR5 V6 Access cab on the lot for $30K as well...hence my desire to buy used. But I WILL be a CrewMax owner, for sure...
You'll be waiting for at least a year b4 someone uses it and wants to unload it.

If that were my CM on the dealer lot and I found out someone tooled around for 45 minutes in it, in the rain, I'd be way pi$$ed off and would cancel that order. If you can't afford it and have no intentions of buying one why tease yourself and mess around with ultimately someone else's vehicle? Would you like someone sitting in yours for 45 minutes messing with everything? That's what car shows are for...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know what would piss me off even more is not being able to maneuver in a small parking lot, a parking garage, or to parallel park. That happens all the time in urban areas. The extra 12 to 18 inches of length of a crew cab with a full size bed does make a difference.
That is the truth! Try parking my F250 SD CC at a Wal-Mart. Dang I have to park that thing out in the RV section.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Are you saying that there is something wrong with getting in and out of a car in a dealers lot? He didn't say that he got mud all over it. He didn't put any miles on it, obviously.

I wouldn't want to buy a truck like that, either, but it's up to the dealership to secure a vehicle that isn't for sale anymore. The trucks out on the lot are there for people to check out unless otherwise noted. And, from what I read on this forum from salespeople, no car is really sold until the papers are signed. That person who ordered the truck can walk away and get all of his money back up until the time that he inspects the car and signs.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You'll be waiting for at least a year b4 someone uses it and wants to unload it.

If that were my CM on the dealer lot and I found out someone tooled around for 45 minutes in it, in the rain, I'd be way pi$$ed off and would cancel that order. If you can't afford it and have no intentions of buying one why tease yourself and mess around with ultimately someone else's vehicle? Would you like someone sitting in yours for 45 minutes messing with everything? That's what car shows are for...

Hey, most people that get vehicles understand that others have sat in them and drove them around and such unless it is a special order. No worries, he was excited to see it and looked around, big deal, nobody got hurt and he was doing it out of sincere interest! I'm sure that he took good care of it, besides it created interest and made a good impression on him! Still though, I think there are some laws regarding this and some dealerships have silent alarms. My thinking is that they probably did this on purpose so people could look around. I've seen a Chrysler dealership do this before and it wasn't a big deal. If somebody wants to "damage" a vehicle no door lock in the world is going to prevent them from doing it...
I can't wait until this summer to get into one of these trucks!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey, most people that get vehicles understand that others have sat in them and drove them around and such unless it is a special order.
Most people are also chumps. If I'm paying $40K for a vehicle it can't have more than 20 miles on it and it better be pristine, which is why I usually order them, even if there's one the lot that is the right configuration, to be sure no 300LB looky-lus played fort in it for 45 minutes. Are these the same people that go to open houses with no intention of buying any house but just wanna 'check it out'? losers:td:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most people are also chumps. If I'm paying $40K for a vehicle it can't have more than 20 miles on it and it better be pristine, which is why I usually order them, even if there's one the lot that is the right configuration, to be sure no 300LB looky-lus played fort in it for 45 minutes. Are these the same people that go to open houses with no intention of buying any house but just wanna 'check it out'? losers:td:
You're a bit extreme on this one. Give the guy a break. Any vehicle on a dealer's lot that isn't locked can and should be checked-out by anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I fact, if you have ordered a Crewmax and yours arrives and happens to be the only one on the lot on any given day you can be relatively sure that it is being used as a demo, at least of the interior. It hasn't been sold to you, yet, and they sure aren't going to miss an opportunity to hear "If this one isn't bought by whoever ordered it, let me know and I'll buy it."

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've heard the male and female salespeople at some dealerships do much more that just sit in the trucks and try the heater controls :devil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, most people that get vehicles understand that others have sat in them and drove them around and such unless it is a special order. No worries, he was excited to see it and looked around, big deal, nobody got hurt and he was doing it out of sincere interest! I'm sure that he took good care of it, besides it created interest and made a good impression on him! Still though, I think there are some laws regarding this and some dealerships have silent alarms. My thinking is that they probably did this on purpose so people could look around. I've seen a Chrysler dealership do this before and it wasn't a big deal. If somebody wants to "damage" a vehicle no door lock in the world is going to prevent them from doing it...
I can't wait until this summer to get into one of these trucks!!
No one sat in my truck and toyed around with it. I bought it two days after it came in

·
Registered
435 Posts
No nav
No moonroof
Chrome wheels
$42K

What's wrong with this picture?
Yeah, pricey. I talked to dealers in Memphis yesterday and there are at least a half dozen CrewMaxes soon to arrive at Memphis dealers in the next week or two and all have the moonroof and loaded options. Almost everyone of them lists for $45K or above. If you like them loaded, you should have some to pick from soon. The SR5s are going to be plentiful in another month, too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You're a bit extreme on this one. Give the guy a break. Any vehicle on a dealer's lot that isn't locked can and should be checked-out by anyone interested.
So you'd let this wet 300lb guy mess around in your new truck for 45 minutes and feel good about it? Yea, a bit extreme until you notice that cigarette butt in the ashtray of that new truck you just put your a$$ in hock for 5 years.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Except for the 5.5 foot bed.;)
The length of the CM bed is subjective. A 5 1/2 ft bed may not be suitable for your needs, but it works for me:tu: I'm sure there will come a time when I need a longer bed, but until that day, I'm OK:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts