Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of highway driving so I want some thing that is not to noisy and gets good mileage. The problem is I also do a lot of driving on logging roads and wood lots, construction sites, uplowed most of the time so I need a tire to handle that. I have had the ta ko in the past and like them but I wonder if the wrangler sa will be a bit less noisy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hum my KO's are not noisy at all. I do like the silent armor and almost got a set. Reason I got the KO's is they just look better, the tread wear is great, big raised white letters look nice, great in the rain or all weather and conditions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had 2 sets of the kos on my tacoma. They were good tires but I thought they were fairly noisy.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have never tried the silent armor but they get very good reviews. I have tried BFG A/Ts and hated them, you couldn't pay me to use them again. I found them to be terrible in winter and quite noisy on the highway. I run Revos now, quiet on the highway and far better traction than the BFG A/Ts under all conditons. If your set to get one or the other, I would go with the silent armors.:tu:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I had really bad luck with the Revos. They were more money than the BFGs and the wore out in under 20K miles.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
BFG's have been good to me. I got 80k out of my last set and they are noisier than street tires, but not THAT bad. All my buddies who duck/goose hunt (mud) and beach fish (loose sand and clay) have them and nobody has complained. They were also good to me in Cheyenne Wyoming a few winters back where I was driving through some SERIOUS snow and ice both on and off-road. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the KO's on my 04 Tundra, 28k miles so far. They are a bit noisier than the factory tires but I REALLY like them off pavement. There's a lot of that up here and they do well. The KOs are not too good on ice or hardpack snow since the rubber is pretty hard at cold temps. I liked them so much I put a set on my 89 Toyota Xtracab.

My only complaint is that they throw up a lot of gravel and my lower panels are getting really chipped up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went the Revo route, and have been happy. No louder than the crummy OE tires, and much better traction in the woods during hunting season and in the little bit of snow and ice we get here. Only have about 12k on them so far, but they appear to be wearing well - would guess I'll get 30-35k out of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts