Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 5-7 days was actually 2 days!! I hope the truck is as fast as these parts were delivered...I wonder if they delivered them with a supercharged Tundra:beatsme:

Anyway, I figure it was my turn to post and I didn't want to hijack anyone elses thread....we all need our glory: (I'll let everyone know when it gets installed):bolt:
Not sure why these are sideways....no idea how to correct it.:(

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Congrats! Just one more member for me to get jealous about :mad:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
There should be a supercharger section where only supercharged members talk about their business and not tempt anyones pocket books
And I quote myself :)

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I would not have bought it if I had not gotten the "deal" I got. Thank goodness for website mistakes and honorable people. It looks like World Toyota will be able to do the install for whatever their hourly rate is in 9 hours. I talked to the installed about not screwing with the bumper cover and it saving him about 90 minutes on the install, so he seems to appreciate that tip. Not sure how comfortable I am since they have not installed any V8 chargers, just the V6's on Camrys and 4Runners. Anyone in Atlanta know of another dealer that has done one of these?? They were gonna charge me for between 12-18hrs to do the install and I told them I was not going to pay to have their techs learn how to install one of these. They can train on their own dime!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Congratz my friend! Be prepared for all your friends to ask you for a ride, it's fun to see their facial expression the first time you punch it tho lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Call a buddy, get a few cases of beer, a few pizzas and 7-8 hours later you can put it in yourself and save your bucks.

If you install it or not dig through the fit kit and find the paper packet. This packet has the install manual, stickers AND the warranty info.

Do NOT let the dealer install the retarded premium fuel sticker on the dash....HOWEVER the sticker would be sorta cool on the inside of the fuel filler door but you do not want it on the dash.

I say install it yourself.....

~JH

·
Registered
823 Posts
Congrats and good for you, cant wate to here the story of the first ride.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I guess the next time I see you driving in chamblee, you'll be going a little faster!! Can't wait for the ride :)

I was a the toyota dealership on pleasant hill a few years ago and the mechanic who fixed my sagging dash said he had installed two superchargers on tundras.

P.S. Did you ever do the grill mod?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Call a buddy, get a few cases of beer, a few pizzas and 7-8 hours later you can put it in yourself and save your bucks.

If you install it or not dig through the fit kit and find the paper packet. This packet has the install manual, stickers AND the warranty info.

Do NOT let the dealer install the retarded premium fuel sticker on the dash....HOWEVER the sticker would be sorta cool on the inside of the fuel filler door but you do not want it on the dash.

~JH
Props to you JH for installing it, but (unless I'm wrong) doesn't a Dealership keep the S/C & engine components Warrantied for the duration of the Powertrain Warranty --- and if it's NOT dealership installed, the warranty only lasts 1 year? In that case - I'd pay for the dealership install & keep the warranty! To each his own tho...

·
Registered
630 Posts
congrats! You'll have to let us know when you put it in. And get ready to smile.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

~JH
Yeah, I already took all the premium fule and S/C stickers out. I even noted on the install manual that they did not need to remove the bumper cover. They can call me if they need install help. I have to have the dealer install or the 8yr/125,000mi warranty is useless! I am sure I will need a little warranty work done the first few years!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess the next time I see you driving in chamblee, you'll be going a little faster!! Can't wait for the ride :)

I was a the toyota dealership on pleasant hill a few years ago and the mechanic who fixed my sagging dash said he had installed two superchargers on tundras.

P.S. Did you ever do the grill mod?
Nah, with all my "extra" time I have not even taken it out of the box. I may find some time when the wife and kids go away for a week in July, but not with them here. Too much going on at home and with the company. THanks for asking though. You are more than welcome to come along for a ride when I get it done!!

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
Congrats to the SC, I will be sure to look in a short while for your first thoughts after it is installed!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am about to drop a bomb....everyone ready????

The warranty of the vehicle is not affected by the installation of the SC from dealer, individual or neighborhood shop.
What IS affected by dealer/personal installation is the warranty of the supercharger and its components. The SC has a 3 month warranty if installed by non dealer and 12 months or remaining if installed by a dealer.
THE ADDING OF THE SC DOES NOT VOID A STANDING FACTORY VEHICLE WARRANTY OR AFFECT ITS DURATION.

I have seen a bunch of misinformation about the warranty and how its affects current standing vehicle warranties. People for some reason think their vehicles factory warranty is going to be voided by adding the SC, and more so if installed in their home shop.

It does say however that any modification to the SC including different pulleys, headers and other items may void SC warranty AND POSSIBLY vehicle warranty (*and this would only be if they could prove that additional items caused a failure....so if your power window motor went out they cant say it was the SC...but if a drive line breaks on the other hand....).

If anyone has any questions read the warranty paper fine print provided in the install kit.

I have recently looked into the warranty, talked with my dealer and read the fine print.
I only hope this information pushes someone else off the edge if they were considering a SC!!!!

BOOM BABY!
LOL

~JH

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am about to drop a bomb....everyone ready????

The warranty of the vehicle is not affected by the installation of the SC from dealer, individual or neighborhood shop.
What IS affected by dealer/personal installation is the warranty of the supercharger and its components. The SC has a 3 month warranty if installed by non dealer and 12 months or remaining if installed by a dealer.
THE ADDING OF THE SC DOES NOT VOID A STANDING FACTORY VEHICLE WARRANTY OR AFFECT ITS DURATION.

I have seen a bunch of misinformation about the warranty and how its affects current standing vehicle warranties. People for some reason think their vehicles factory warranty is going to be voided by adding the SC, and more so if installed in their home shop.

It does say however that any modification to the SC including different pulleys, headers and other items may void SC warranty AND POSSIBLY vehicle warranty (*and this would only be if they could prove that additional items caused a failure....so if your power window motor went out they cant say it was the SC...but if a drive line breaks on the other hand....).

If anyone has any questions read the warranty paper fine print provided in the install kit.

I have recently looked into the warranty, talked with my dealer and read the fine print.
I only hope this information pushes someone else off the edge if they were considering a SC!!!!

BOOM BABY!
LOL

~JH
DAMN you are right.....still getting them to install it so when I blow it up they don't have any excuses!!:becky:
I do know that $800-900 is still allot, even to me, so I can see the concern over the warranty. Like drinking and shooting...you never know!

·
Registered
315 Posts
dragaeran,

All joking aside someone shouldnt attempt to install the SC unless they are very proficient in working on vehicles.
$800 is easy money compared to the headache from probs you can have doing an install like this.

~JH

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dragaeran,

All joking aside someone shouldnt attempt to install the SC unless they are very proficient in working on vehicles.
$800 is easy money compared to the headache from probs you can have doing an install like this.

~JH
Yeah, thats why I work hard at building houses, remodeling and working on commercial projects....so I can afford to pay someone who knows engines better than I do. My last 4Runner project took 3 years to make it thru, so not planning on that withthis one!! I could do it, but I have no time and little patience these days....although I do have a paint booth and a shop now....what to paint? what to paint????:rolleyes:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Johnny - Since they don't sell a S/C for the FFV trucks (like mine :( ) do you think I'd interfere with my powertrain warranty by adding one? Some of the vendors on here gave the impression that since the Flex Fuel 5.7's use different injectors, the S/C (even though it would "work") isn't made for the FFV trucks.

Does it say anything about that in the manual?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts