Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I remember seeing somewhere how someone cranked out like 1000hp or close to it out of an x-runner. Does anyone know of any links or where I can find any info on something like this?
Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Everyone

I remember seeing somewhere how someone cranked out like 1000hp or close to it out of an x-runner. Does anyone know of any links or where I can find any info on something like this?
Thanks
you sir...are an idiot...that is all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was pretty sure that I saw an article say that it was close to 1000, not too long ago. I just glanced at it though and was unable to read it being I was at work. I have not been able to find the article again and had just been wondering if anyone else stumbled across something like that. It seemed very unbelievable to me which is why I wanted to find it and read up on it. It may have just been a typo somewhere or maybe I missread it in my quick glance, I dunno.

2 tacomas vbmenu_register("postmenu_1723807", true); from over at tundra solutions posted this however.
Here is a 'tacoma' (aka the suprataco) that was probably not too far away from 1000:
WWW.SUPRATRUCKS.COM

and Phi Kai, you...are the idoit...Thanks for the helpful input.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was pretty sure that I saw an article say that it was close to 1000, not too long ago. I just glanced at it though and was unable to read it being I was at work. I have not been able to find the article again and had just been wondering if anyone else stumbled across something like that. It seemed very unbelievable to me which is why I wanted to find it and read up on it. It may have just been a typo somewhere or maybe I missread it in my quick glance, I dunno.

2 tacomas vbmenu_register("postmenu_1723807", true); from over at tundra solutions posted this however.
Here is a 'tacoma' (aka the suprataco) that was probably not too far away from 1000:
WWW.SUPRATRUCKS.COM

and Phi Kai, you...are the idoit...Thanks for the helpful input.
I can say...with almost 100% certainty that there is no 1000hp x-runner. If there was, I would almost guarantee that it isn't the V6 engine that we have in our trucks. Also, with that being said, it would probably be some super de-duper custom made by a company that manufactures high performance parts as the parts (ie, axles, driveshaft, rear end, etc...) probably don't exsit for our trucks to make 1000hp.

so i stand by you are an idiot...i would check customtacos.com though as they are more of the x-runner scene

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Anyone wanting 1000hp out of their 1GR or 5VZ? - Tacoma World

well here you go the parts are out there google is your friend. all you need now is a large single or twin turbos and more gas and a load of cash it all comes down to money so i would never say it can't be done if you can make around 1400hp out of a dsm then 1000 out of a 4.0 can be done.

and for those who say you can't do that out of a dsm "eclipse"

Magnus Motorsports

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok let me rephrase noway your going to get 1000hp out a 1GR with stock internals. :tu: The amount of boost needed to achieve that much HP will kill the motor. You can make anything fast if you throw a bunch of money at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts