Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
The accessory directions include a mounting kit (PT546-34079). In it is a "Ground Plate". The directions say "(a) Install the antenna as follows:
(1) Remove the release paper from the back of the ground plate. (2) Install the antenna ground plate so it aligns with the driver's side front speaker grill. (3) Remove the release paper fron the antenna. (4) Install the antenna on the center of the ground plate. The directions go on to describe how to run the cable. I have not done, nor seen the installed antenna. I don't know if the factory install (if there is such a thing) has the antenna in the same location. I would like to know what the "ground plate" looks like. I too would like to know how a factory antenna install looks like. I can't find a listing for any other type of XM antenna.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I am guessing that the "Ground Plate" is nothing more than a painted piece of steel that is stuck on the dash. I am interested to hear what it is though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.