Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making an assumption on this and want to get it confirmed before I buy a XM receiver. As long as the receiver I buy has a headphone jack, I should be able to use it in the Tundra? I do have the AUX input. Or, do I need a specific line out feature on the XM receiver?

·
Registered
932 Posts
You have a bunch of options.
Easiest, wireless FM modulator. Most of the newer satelitte recievers have them built in now. Most everyone hates, says it has interference etc etc. I use it in both my cars, no probs.

Next easiest, wired FM modulator. Tap a few wires, you're set.

Mini jack if it's available in your particular vehicle and sat receiver...

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Yes, all you need is a male to male standard size headphone cable.

Sounds much better directly connected rather than having the signal clipped, modulated, transmitted, demodulated, and amplified through an FM modulator, IMHO...:tu:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I am looking at the Delphi RoadyXT. Looks like it should do what I want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the Roady xt there is a line out on the radio, you can patch this to the aux in on your radio. I would also look at the Audiovox xpress, i have one in my 06 works great. Or you can go al out and go for the Inno around $248 or so. I dont know if the 07 has them, but a cassette adapter also works well. what i use on mine and gives pretty decent sound. good luck, xm rocks.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts