Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem with XM radio reception. Mine is Toyota Dealer installed and stinks! In & out all the time, I am thinking it's because the antenna is mounted on the dash board. Even on the highway it goes out driving at highway speeds just going under overpasses. In the country or city it is not really usable.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I had my Pilot (with XM) out this afternoon and no trouble w reception.

I'm a firm believer that exterior roof mount gets better reception.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the location of your antenna. XM recommends that the antenna be mounted outside the vehicle on the roof. Toyota has other ideas. I had to specifically tell my dealer I wanted the recommended location. I have great reception.

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with XM radio reception. Mine is Toyota Dealer installed and stinks! In & out all the time, I am thinking it's because the antenna is mounted on the dash board. Even on the highway it goes out driving at highway speeds just going under overpasses. In the country or city it is not really usable.
I have the same problem with my Sirius install and the antenna mounted on the windshield. It drops out all the time and is annoying. :mad:

This past weekend I was on a trip with a friends car and we took my portable Sirius radio. I was surprised that with the outside antenna it hardly dropped at all even under bridges which seemed to not be as much of a problem as the factory install location at the top of the windshield by the mirror.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an external mount but I still have trouble. It may not be related to signal but I lose my channel programming. I have a tuner that I installed myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts