Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just got my new DC and would like to out XM in it. The plan is to put the XMD1000 with the XMDTLK wiring harness to the factory JBL head unit. (non nav). By reading the forums it looks like it works with non-jbl but will it work with a JBL system.

any help is much appreciated.

JB

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
Will these parts work with Nav? Does anyone know what parts (and part #'s) I need for XM with the Nav?

Sorry to thread hijack...:tu:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am keeping an eye on this as well....I would love add XM to my truck BUT I will not pay the dealer what they want to do the work.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Cooper, I too am looking into doing this. You can buy the tuner and fit kit for about $300 at the dealer, and a few bucks cheaper online, and just do the work yourself. Its really not that difficult. You can put the tuner under the drivers seat and run the antenna thru the third tail light and mount on the roof.

The more I think about this I may just wait till Crutchfield releases a fit kit for aftermarket headunits like the Pioneer nav. and just hook that up. My prefrence is Sirius so I may just wait for that. But man, regular radio is nothing short of brutal after having sat. radio. I hope my wait isnt a long one.

Oh, and for Tundradriver, I am almost sure the answer to your question is yes, it will work. I have the JBL also and my dealer's parts department told me that kit and tuner is what is required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts