Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently damaged one of the tires on our 2006 XSP as I previously mentioned in another post. The problem is Toyota has screwed up two wheels in a row trying to replace the tire. The first time they took a chunk out of the edge of the wheel's tire bead seat and today trying to put on the replacement wheel they did the same thing as well as a nice deep scratch on the dish portion of the rim. My question to everyone is "Am I alone in this madness? Why cant Toyota change a fricking wheel without damaging it. I only have 9000 miles and I payed good money for it because of the XSP package so is it my fault they are idiots?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems to me they are using the wrong type of equipment to mount the tire on the rim.:( I would have to see what type they were using to tell wether or not it is correct. Maybe they need to send the wheel and tire to a reputable tire shop to have it mounted and balanced properly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
seems to me with 9000 miles, "orginal" wheels, that they are liable for the damages. are they repplacing the wheels for free? i'm curious cause i have the same wheels and am taking the truck in for its first oil change and tire rotation. i know the rotation doesn't involve removing the tire, but i did wonder who was responsible if one of their tire guys screws something up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are liable for the damages to the first and now the second wheel. I know they are hard tires to do but I payed for this package and a nice price I might add. These trucks arent cheap and I dont expect to have cheap service either. I have never had a problem here before so maybe I have found their one weakness lol.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I know my 20's on my murano had to be upside down on the tire machine to install/remove any tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts