Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought it home today :) Fully loaded (Power locks/windows/mirrors/cruise/fog lights/tow package/bed extender/rhino liner/wide tires, etc.) 03 tundra, SR5 Trim, V8, 4.7l
I got it for $10K, and it blue books for $14,700 :D through my job (company sold it to me). 84K miles, which I know personally are highway miles.
The truck is awesome. Drives like a CAR, and it rivals a stock spec v (my other car) in performance. The V8 is smoth as velvet, and the tranny seems it is always in the right gear. The thing will move w/o even downshifting. Not that you all don't know how it drives since you have one too :)

Anyway, a few crappy pics since it was dark when I got home. More tomorrow:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nice truck. I have a question because of something I noticed in the picture of the engine bay. I noticed that the horns are shaped differently from what I have in my truck. Is the horn still a high-pitched, Camry sounding horn or does it have a lower tone? I hate how mine sounds and want to change it somehow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice lookin truck, now let the mod bug get your :devil:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice truck. I have a question because of something I noticed in the picture of the engine bay. I noticed that the horns are shaped differently from what I have in my truck. Is the horn still a high-pitched, Camry sounding horn or does it have a lower tone? I hate how mine sounds and want to change it somehow. Thanks
Perhaps Hella Twin Supertone Horns ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Smokin Deal - Nice Truck
Have fun -
Watch those WOT starts though, They are addicting

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the comments. It was indeed a smoking deal.

Yep. Camry like describes it perfectly ( I do own a 1990 LE V6 Camry BTW, counting its last days).

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice! I love the 03' models. I almost bought a 03' Tundra SR5 2wd V6, before I bought my 00' SR5 4wd V8. I loved the look, but I bought my 4wd cheaper than the 2wd was and it (my 00) had less miles.

I actually like those wheels better than my optional wheels on mine.

I had also test driven a 03' V8 before and it seemed to have more power than my 00' V8. I was told the engines were identical, but its strange the power difference. My 00' is no slouch, but the 03' was like a rocket.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Nice! I love the 03' models. I almost bought a 03' Tundra SR5 2wd V6, before I bought my 00' SR5 4wd V8. I loved the look, but I bought my 4wd cheaper than the 2wd was and it (my 00) had less miles.

I actually like those wheels better than my optional wheels on mine.

I had also test driven a 03' V8 before and it seemed to have more power than my 00' V8. I was told the engines were identical, but its strange the power difference. My 00' is no slouch, but the 03' was like a rocket.

Enjoy!
Could be something simple, like newer plugs or maybe your fuel injector needs to be purged/cleaned.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks Hick... when I get my timing belt/water pump changed this month (or next) I will have that cleaned and have the plugs changed... I had just started a thread about this, as its bothering me now. :rolleyes:

Could be something simple, like newer plugs or maybe your fuel injector needs to be purged/cleaned.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Great looking truck! Such a deal! Looks pretty good under the hood, too, except for some rust around the hood latch. You've probably already detailed it by now, though. Let me know if they got another one like that. HaHa. BTW. What brand & size tires are those?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The tires are relatively new, ~18000mi. The brand is one I have never heard of, STAMPEDE, heh, and size is 265/70/16

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me too! '03 4X4 TRD. First Tundra, drives real nice, really liked my Tacoma, but it was kinda small for me. My knee was always rubbing on the door arm rest and all of that shifting. I'm getting kind of old for that.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts