Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=&quot]YES, I checked the fluid level!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hi, I have a stock ’03 Sequoia Limited 2WD I bought about 7 months ago. Here are some fixers…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VSC, TRAC Light comes on intermittently, fuel gauge works intermittently, and the brake light comes on intermittently. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YES, I checked the brake fluid level!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All new front brakes; I need to do the rears but can’t get the rotors to budge!!! Do I need a puller for these? After I do the rears, will they stop squeaking like a fargin pig??[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Has anybody done a timing belt? I have done them in the past, but not on something this new.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks!! (I know somebody is going to recommend checking my brake fluid level...)[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
When your VSC, TRAC light comes on, do you mean when turning a corner or during high acceleration onto a highway ramp? Or do you mean during normal driving down a road with no bumps or loss of traction....then the light will come on for no reason? When the light comes on, does it make the loud audible ABS grinding noise? What other details can you provide?

As for your rear rotors, you just need a couple good blows with a sledge and block of wood or something to break it loose. They're probably at the wear indicators.

You'll have to do a search on the timing belt. Other have done it themselves, but it's fairly cheap to have the dealer do it as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VSC/TRAC comes on at various times, straight dry roadway, primarily. So it leads me to believe there may be a short somewhere. As far as the brake light, it does the same thing. Just seems to come on at random intervals. Initially I thought the reservoir may be overfilled, so I took some out, but that didn't fix the issue either.

Since all three (fuel, brake, and VSC) lights come on randomly, I am wondering if there are some general in-dash wiring issues I may have to address in the future.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i'll be the ass... did you try checking your brake fluid level?

if you don't mind me asking, does the vehicle have a salvage title. my dad bought a Mazda B100 w/ a salvage title and he had similar electrical problems... lights coming on for no reason, my favorite, the windshield wipers coming on w/o touching the switch.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
any rodent droppings anywhere? could be some chewed wires...not uncommon.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a recall to fix the issue that you are having with the 03. I have the same problem on my 04' Sequoia. I called Toyota hoping they would fix the same problem you are having because my limited was built in 03. They said they will only cover the 03's and they will possibly do a recall in the future. When all the light go on in my vehicle and the brakes start to grind, I just pull over and turn the vehicle off then on. It resets the sensor!! I wish Toyota would sell the 1 sensor that it needs, but they will only sell the set for $800.00.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My husband did a front brake job and had the rotors turned about 2 months ago because of vibration issues. His suggestion to get the rotors off is to use a big hammer. :) Turning the rotors didn't help...vibration came back with a vengeance. He finally replaced the rotors yesterday. I'm hoping that that takes care of the e-brake, VSC, and TRAC OFF lights. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts