Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we all know I am cheap.

So for almost nothing, I scored this sweet (in my opinion) fake carbon fiber molded dash kit. It had the instrument panel piece, the shifter piece, 4 pieces for the doors, and two pass side vent pieces. Looks very good IMO. covers the silver so many complain about. Anyway, for less than going out to dinner at a cheap resturaunt, i bought this off a guy on craigslist (had it but then totalled his truck and trying to recoup some of his money). The brand is Woodview Automotive Trim. This kit was all new in box, never been installed. Apparently it was purchased a couple of years ago and just never put in and now that the truck is gone, i got a smokin deal.

Anyway, i know its not everyone's cup of tea, it is fake CF of course, but i like it as its molded and covers all the silver (excpet where the window buttons recess but thats not a big deal). Lots of 3M tape on the back of each piece and it fits like a glove, once you get it all lined up and you commit haha. Anyway, heres a few pics....

i am probally going to paint that little shift lock door dark gray or flat black but for now it is what it is....

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I like the kit itself, but I definitely wouldn't have put it in a Sand Beige interior. Doesn't flow at all with all the browns.

JMO, but congrats on the good price regardless.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I like it for the most part, but it looks like the finish is really glossy in your photos. Certainly better than stock. You can't beat it for the price!:tu:
Looks like a LOT of work to install??:biggrin1:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the kit itself, but I definitely wouldn't have put it in a Sand Beige interior. Doesn't flow at all with all the browns.

i thought about that too...so i test fit it to begin with and in person it looks less silver/and gray and picks up some tan colors for some reason. goes well with the piano black and silver knobs already there. the silver didnt really jive with the interior either haha. i was just gonna put it up here for someone who wanted it for a black or gray truck but i liked it too much and kept it for myself.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it for the most part, but it looks like the finish is really glossy in your photos. Certainly better than stock. You can't beat it for the price!:tu:
Looks like a LOT of work to install??:biggrin1:
well it is glossy but not quite as glossy as the piano black around the stereo...but close. wasnt too hard to install just have to flex each piece to get the parts to stick that u want right when u want them to hahaha. but yeah for the price it was awesome. only reason i would do it. if i paid anywhere near what they sell for then nope. but for a few bucks to cover up a sea of silver that was rough feeling (and that i scuffed the right rear door part on with a car seat oops...) it works fine.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Good job on the score. Gotta love craigslist! :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't know about it with the tan interior... Also I guess if it used tape to attach you can't take it off or it will take paint with it. Usually I like your mods but I don't know about this one. Congrats on getting a good deal though. I check craigslist in my area all the time.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Would look better on my truck.

Nice find.

·
Registered
820 Posts

what he said

·
Registered
183 Posts

I think even the black trim looks out of place in the brown interior already,this just adds to the whole color clash. :sad3d:

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Lucky you! I paid full price for my kit a couple years ago. It's OK because I really didn't like the silver. My pattern is a little different, and I don't have the pieces that surround the passenger vents otherwise it looks very similar.

One thing I noticed, how come you you have a big cubby in front of the shifter? I have a small one with the tow/haul button above.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Nice score! Points sent!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts