Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what I really hate about my Corolla? Other than the steering wheel being too far away, I hate not having a beep to confirm when I've locked my doors with the fob. Anyone know of an easy way to add one?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually I'm kind of glad my car doesn't annoy anyone, by reminding them that I am too lazy to look back at my car, when I am hitting the remote in order to lock it.

Especially late at night, during the summer, when everyone has their windows open, and is trying to sleep. (With their loaded 10mm Glock under their pillows.)

If you really need a confirmation, all you have to do is look at your turn signals when you hit the button.

If that's too hard to do, or you are legally blind and can't see the turn signals, then the best suggestion is to take the car to where you got it, and demand your money back.

There are plenty of annoying horn honking reminders, built into other cars out there you can buy.
And just to make you feel real good about all this; when you bought the car, why didn’t you ask about this feature?
Complaining that a car has some option or other, not installed on it, AFTER the purchase, is kind of dumb, don't you think?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't an option. You either buy the car without the beep, or don't buy the car. My Prerunner has the beeper (It's not the horn, just a little beeper that's not going to wake the neighbors) and it helps a lot. Especially since I have two fobs on one key ring and half the time end up pushing the wrong one. And yeah, I'm too lazy to run around to the front or rear of the car everytime I get out and look at the turn signals to make sure I pushed the right button.

And you know what they say. Everyone likes a little asss, but no one likes a little smartass.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lets play nicely, children.

mcc371, there are quite a few aftermarket Keyless systems out there, and I'm pretty sure most of them include a horn confirmation, but this wouldn't be the wisest investment, considering you already have the system minus the sound. If you're desperate, I guess that is the way to go.

But are we absolutley sure there isn't a beep or honk? On my friends CR-V (I know, I know, totally differnt vehicle. Buy you never know with the way car makers share electronic providers) you have to press the lock or unlock button twice or even three times very, very quickly to get it to honk the horn. Try it out, just a suggestion.

Talk with your dealer about it, they might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You know what I really hate about my Corolla? Other than the steering wheel being too far away, I hate not having a beep to confirm when I've locked my doors with the fob. Anyone know of an easy way to add one?
I had the remote entry added to my CE at the dealer. Mine beeps when I lock and unlock my 2007 Corolla CE. I noticed many factory built ones do not beep. I have no clue whether this feature can be programmed.;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the remote entry added to my CE at the dealer. Mine beeps when I lock and unlock my 2007 Corolla CE. I noticed many factory built ones do not beep. I have no clue whether this feature can be programmed.;)

I talked to the service tech about this in the past and he said on the keyless entry you do not get the sound, you have to add the optional alarm module to get it on the corolla. It can be added after the fact.
It might be cheaper to add an after market alarm.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^In response to that, maybe this car just isn't for you. Why not get a midsize sedan?

Make sure you testdrive it out, adjust the steering wheel, and make sure it beeps. That way, you won't have to complain to us about **** that we can't control

:ts:

·
Registered
144 Posts
mcc371,

You have what's referred to as "buyers remorse".
You failed to do your homework, and as a result, have spent a lot of money on something that irritates you.
Hopefully you will have learned an important lesson here.
I think what you really don't like about your Corolla, is related to what you don't like about yourself.
You want to blame someone else for a poor decision, that you made.
It's quite common among those who are immature, or naive.

At least now you know what you have to do, next time you go out to buy a car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^Well said

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mcc371,

You have what's referred to as "buyers remorse".
You failed to do your homework, and as a result, have spent a lot of money on something that irritates you.
Hopefully you will have learned an important lesson here.
I think what you really don't like about your Corolla, is related to what you don't like about yourself.
You want to blame someone else for a poor decision, that you made.
It's quite common among those who are immature, or naive.

At least now you know what you have to do, next time you go out to buy a car.
I think you're an idiot. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it. The good factors outweighed the bad. Do yourself a favor and ignore me and I'll do the same for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mc. I was wanting an alarm for my Corolla. I figured that if my car didn't have a VIP alarm, then I could have it installed. I had heard other Toyotas beeping as people locked and unlocked their cars prior to my purchase. I had keyless remote entry, but it did not have a beep. I did however, elect to have an alarm installed prior to completing the purchase of my car. Based on my observations it appears that Corollas do not come with VIP, the system that beeps when you lock and unlock. Bigger cars like Camrys and Avalons do. I had a Pursuit Alarm System Installed thinking it was the system with the beep. I was disappointed when I got the car back after the installation, but I accepted it. It has the very noisy chirp chirp alarm with the siren when it goes off. You might not want that. I could be wrong, but it appears that unless the car comes with the VIP already installed, then you cannot get it. Even when the dealer installs the alarm, it will still be an aftermarket one. Lesson learned. The main thing is that I got an alarm so that my car will be protected. The type of sound it has, really does not matter. What matters is that I have an alarm or security system that works.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Funny thing I just got back from Test driving a Corolla and noticed the same thing about the steering wheel :confused:I I've got long arms .It almost seens like it's too close to the dash board .

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 07 CE has the dealer installed "Theft Deterrent System". When they put it in, not only did it beep when locking and unlocking, it turned the headlights on for a few seconds.
Thanks to the kind folks here at TundraSolutions, I was able to customize the TDS to my likes in a matter of minutes. Now, I just need to get a better horn!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
i hate that mines sitting in my garage up on jack stands for the past 3 weeks, waiting for me to find a a cheap enough transmition so i can aford to buy it. and to make it even better its a 5 speed with only 70k!! so much for toyota relibility. main shaft berring was goin out for a while then it finally self distructed doin 70 down the freeway.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I also have the same complaint about the steering wheel being too far away "or the floor pedals being too close". It's my wifes car, 2003 Corolla S, but I also drive it quite a bit. I can imagine how the tall guys feel:eek: I'm only 5'8" but yet if I put the seat back to where my legs are comfortable on a longer trip my arms are now outstretched like a gorilla:mad: Her last car was a 1997 Corolla and the seating position was MUCH better. Hopfully they will correct this problem with the new redesigned 08-09 model, or at least offer a telescopic steering wheel, what were they thinking:rolleyes: Other than this it's a great car.:tu:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts